disabling an attackers arm

Posted by: Anonymous

disabling an attackers arm - 10/10/04 07:56 PM

hey guys. any tips on disabling someones arm whos about to attack you?
the two that i know is that if they have punched, you punch them right in the elbow on the inside where it bends
another is getting the shoulder, with a punch or spearhand
any others people can add or correct mine?

Re: disabling an attackers arm - 10/10/04 11:53 PM

Of course it depends on the angle and the type of punch coming at you but my favorite is punch straight into P2 or NUE 9 and second choice is raking the P meridian on the lower forearm with my forearm raking toward the fingers. Both give uke an electric shock buzz that stuns and robs strength from the arm for long enough to let you exploit the advantage. Is that what you are looking for?

Re: disabling an attackers arm - 10/11/04 12:55 AM

Being short I have always loved to attack whatever my opponent is throwing at me, but it really depends on the situation.

Against a jab (especially those lazy ones used to measure distance) I attack the inside of the wrist. I don't usually think of any point specifically because there are so many in that area to choose from: L7, L8, L9, P5, P6, P7, H4, H5, H6, & H7. You’re bound to hit something.

Against a grab I go for the inside of the elbow: P3 or L5. A good shot to this area can take an opponent to the ground.

But my favorite attack to the arm is LI10. I got hit in this area so hard one time I couldn't pickup anything with that hand for two days.

Some people like to strike in the area of L1 and L2 but why? If I'm that close to him then I probably passed up a chance to hit something more vital. Of course if you’re a person with longer reach you may like that one.

But like I said it depends on the situation. Everyone seems to have their favorites.

Re: disabling an attackers arm - 10/11/04 06:23 AM

Heart 2 is my favourite, with a pheonix eye fist cutting through and down on a 45 degree angle toward the outside.

--Dave

Re: disabling an attackers arm - 10/18/04 01:07 PM

Sounds more like you people are attacking the alphabet. Do you think that the person who asked the question knows the points you people referred to???

Re: disabling an attackers arm - 10/18/04 06:37 PM

Hi,

Are there any sites with pics ? or a tutorial with a detailed descriptions and pics?

thanks, [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Re: disabling an attackers arm - 10/19/04 01:47 AM

keahi

Pics of the points and their locations can be found on several acupuncture sights.

http://www.yinyanghouse.com/index.html
http://www.acuxo.com/index.asp
http://www.harmonyhealth.com/page6.html

They will show you the point location, but because acupuncture is for healing, they will not explain activation, nor will they explain angle and direction for striking or grappling.

Re: disabling an attackers arm - 10/30/04 03:22 PM

You can also check out Kyusho.com for charts and Evan has a tape on points (Level Two)of the arm...what is different about this tape is it shows you how to hit in motion disabling the arm.

Let me know what you think?

Re: disabling an attackers arm - 10/30/04 09:17 PM

cheers for that
the charts were a great help
dont know if i want to go and buy a video though. im not really getting that seriously into it. thanks anyway
Posted by: karate-do

Re: disabling an attackers arm - 10/30/04 09:25 PM

Kuma the second link you sent says that the spleen meridian can stop bleeding,do you know that this is possible,why or how it works?

Re: disabling an attackers arm - 10/31/04 01:10 PM

Actually when you click to see the points it bring up the first point (spleen 1 or YinBai).

Spleen 1 can be used to help stop bleeding but probably not the kind of bleeding you are thinking of. It can be used for blood in stools, fever with nosebleed, and uterine bleeding.
Posted by: kempocos

Re: disabling an attackers arm - 11/01/04 08:12 AM

If you are just starting in Kyusho/Dim Mak then in regards to ELEMENTS. You have FIRE, METAL, EARTH, WATER, WOOD these are not viewed in a western sense were you can touch and hold them. They are a power or phase of power in targeting concepts. It will help when looking at the effects of the Destructive, Demurial, constructive cycles on techniques and targeting according to the laws/rules found in them.

Re: disabling an attackers arm - 11/02/04 02:50 AM

The simplest and probably the most painfull way to disable a persons arm is to do damage to the brachial nerves, that are on the inside of the arm. another effective way is to avoid the strike and hit the arm pit because of the brachial nerve plexus and lymph nodes in that area the arm will stop functioning. dont over complicate things with elements and such simply talk to a doctor or neurologist. dont worry about angles and such as you dont have time to think about that stuff put more time in proper hand formation a Nukite or fingertip strike or one knuckle strike is easiest to use as these transfer alot of force to the target. the brachial artery is fairly unprotected and a strike along any point can cause the limb to stop working. This is just one of many ways to disable the arm, depending of the amount of force you can ethier disable or permenatly damage the arm.
Posted by: kempocos

Re: disabling an attackers arm - 11/02/04 07:07 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AgenT:
The simplest and probably the most painfull way to disable a persons arm is to do damage to the brachial nerves, that are on the inside of the arm. another effective way is to avoid the strike and hit the arm pit because of the brachial nerve plexus and lymph nodes in that area the arm will stop functioning. dont over complicate things with elements and such simply talk to a doctor or neurologist. dont worry about angles and such as you dont have time to think about that stuff put more time in proper hand formation a Nukite or fingertip strike or one knuckle strike is easiest to use as these transfer alot of force to the target. the brachial artery is fairly unprotected and a strike along any point can cause the limb to stop working. This is just one of many ways to disable the arm, depending of the amount of force you can ethier disable or permenatly damage the arm.[/QUOTE]

It does not matter if you choose to follow the Chinese medical terms or western you are hitting the same spots, and getting the same effect. Some of us use the chinese terms because it gives understanding to how the founders of our styles viewed the body and determined where and how to hit. I use fists and elbows, not one knuckle or finger tip srtikes. The angle of the strike is easy to achieve with body positioning and grappleing

Re: disabling an attackers arm - 11/03/04 04:58 PM

True you can use those body weapons. But its simpler to say attack brachial artery on inside of arm then say hit point so in so or setup point here. Fists and elbows are good weapons but because of their size some small areas are much harder to hit. I've found in my practice is much more effective to hit the armpit or solar plexus with fingertips then fist or elbow techniques. But I'm sure if you could get those areas it would probably do more damage.

Re: disabling an attackers arm - 01/30/05 01:10 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by George:
Sounds more like you people are attacking the alphabet. Do you think that the person who asked the question knows the points you people referred to???[/QUOTE]

I was about to say the same thing but it seems as though you beat me to it haha. I must agree, if somebody posts a question about "dim mak" or pressure points, i think it would be safe to assume that the reason he/she posted the topic in the first place is because they have no idea what dim mak is all about. It looks to me like 'practioners' posting specific meridian points w/ their respective reference number are only helping other practioners that actually know what theyre talking about. I understand that it would be pretty hard to explain to them where that point is, which is why im sticking to the "Learn-from-an-instructor-because-even-though-you-knew-where-to-strike-,-if-you-dont-have-proper-technique-its-not-going-to-help-you-one-bit" approach. If anything, id think that if they found out where to strike, theyd go into the 'streets' thinking they have an upper hand, when in fact, you are sending them to their doom on false pretenses that their new found information is all they need to succeed.