curious about pressure points

Posted by: Anonymous

curious about pressure points - 10/07/04 01:30 PM

earlier today, i was playing around with my boyfriend and he hit me in my right thigh. ( this wasn't abusive or mean, he just hit me harder than he meant to). It pretty much dropped me immediately, and a few seconds later, i got an awful cramping sensation in my right side. i wondered if these two things were connected somehow and thought maybe he had hit a pressure point. I'd really like to find out why i got this horrible pain. can anyone help? Thanks! Jen
Posted by: kempocos

Re: curious about pressure points - 10/07/04 01:40 PM

The thighs are full of vital points was the shot inside or outside of the thigh. there is very good point charts at, It is not a fighting site rather a healing based site.
www.yinyanghouse.com

Re: curious about pressure points - 10/07/04 02:14 PM

Thanks a lot! The shot was about 6 or 7 inches above the knee, basically right in front, but a little more towards the outside of the thigh.

Re: curious about pressure points - 10/07/04 02:59 PM

That sounds like Gall Bladder 31 & 32, for all you Mauy Thai guys right where you plant the rounhouse.

Re: curious about pressure points - 10/07/04 03:36 PM

That's what I was thinking. . .Hello charleyhorse

Re: curious about pressure points - 10/07/04 09:24 PM

[QUOTE] Thanks a lot! The shot was about 6 or 7 inches above the knee, basically right in front, but a little more towards the outside of the thigh. [/QUOTE]

From the discription given I would say more like ST32. About 6" from the knee slightly toward the outside of the leg. GB31 & 32 are on the side of the leg.

Re: curious about pressure points - 10/07/04 10:40 PM

I stand corrected,thanks

Re: curious about pressure points - 10/07/04 11:33 PM

You guys are correct, most of those points on the upper leg front or side will give you one heck of a charley-horse.

Re: curious about pressure points - 10/08/04 08:20 AM

a charley horse is a cramp in your leg though, right? The pain i felt was right below my ribcage. And i see i have to correct myself: it was on my left, not my right side. so on the opposite side as the hit. Sorry if i was unclear. does this still sound like it was GB31 &32?

Re: curious about pressure points - 10/08/04 01:28 PM

[QUOTE] a charley horse is a cramp in your leg though, right? [/QUOTE]
You are correct. A charley-horse is a tightening or cramping of the muscles around a damaged area. I don't believe the others or I were suggesting it gave you a charley-horse, it is just one of the possible outcomes of being struck in the thigh area especially around GB31 & 32.

[QUOTE] The pain i felt was right below my ribcage. And i see i have to correct myself: it was on my left, not my right side. so on the opposite side as the hit. [/QUOTE]
So, let me get this straight, you were hit on the right leg above the knee and you felt the pain on your left side by your ribcage?

The pressure points lie on meridians that can be mapped out on the surface of the body. These meridians also run deep into the body were they meet up with the organ they are related to and their paired organ. So knowing which side of the body you felt the pain could tell us which meridian was struck.

If you felt the pain in the left side of your abdomen near your rib cage you probably hit around the area of Stomach32 (St32) and felt the pain in the area of your stomach or spleen (which is its paired organ) located on the left.

If you felt the pain on the right side of the body near the ribcage you might have hit Gall Bladder31 (GB31 or 32), since the Gall Bladder and the Liver (its paired organ) or on the right.

Of course all of this mumbo jumbo would be theories based on TCM and not western science.

[This message has been edited by Kuma (edited 10-08-2004).]