Shu Points

Posted by: Anonymous

Shu Points - 09/10/04 11:24 PM

I have been involved in Kyusho for sometime and I'm looking for some good information on the Shu Points. Not the Shu Back (Transport or associated) points, but the Five Shu Points: Jing(well), Ying(spring), Sh(stream), Jing(river), & He(sea).

I have a good understanding of these points in healing and acupuncture, but was looking for uses related to Kyusho-jitsu.

I understand these special points take on elements other than the elements of the meridians they lie on, and was wondering if this could be used in any way? For example Heart meridian element Fire, H3 (Shaohai) is also He(sea) which is Water element, in the Cycle of Destruction – Water puts out Fire.

Anyone have any ideas or theories?

Re: Shu Points - 09/20/04 01:32 PM

Anyone?

Re: Shu Points - 09/24/04 08:37 AM

Try Evan Pantazi's video on Mu and Shu points which you can get at Kyusho.com.

Re: Shu Points - 09/24/04 02:00 PM

Unfortunately Evan and I are not in good standing so I would never buy one of his videos. The Shu points in that video would be referring to the points found on the back along the Bladder meridian. The Mu (alarm) points and Shu (associated) points work together to send a direct short to the organ, but not what I'm looking for.

What I am looking for are the 5 Shu points that transport chi (ki) in and out of the arms and legs: Jing(well), Ying(spring), Shu(stream), Jing(river), & He(sea). And if there is any Kyusho related uses.

But thanks for taking a stab at it Underdog.

Re: Shu Points - 09/25/04 11:31 AM

In Erle's book it states "these points have a strong effect on the body when used either to heal or to disrupt and individuals energy patterns. These points can be used to disrupt qi flow in a channel in advance of a strike to major knockout or death strike point...."

But that is all I got..

Re: Shu Points - 09/29/04 11:06 AM

I may be able to provide some level of information to you...what is it specifically you are looking for. Post here or contact me directly....

Funny, Evan does not care for me either...so at least we have something in common!

Re: Shu Points - 11/22/04 01:35 AM

The 5 transporting Shu points can be used in combination with the controlling cycle of 5-phase theory. a common combination is p-6,H-7(fire) -> LI-10,11,Lu-5(metal) -> Gb20,SJ-23,Gb-1,Sj-17(wood).

the heart channel can be already influenced and not required to be stimulated if you can get they into a gokyo?? style move. the metal points can often buckle the knee on the side struck making the opponent expose Gb-20 for the KO.

hope the info helps, its kinda hard to apply the PP theories without a background knowledge of TCM theory such as Jingluo theory, 5-phase theory, 8 principles and the dynamics of Qi but the chinese found these principles through observation and awareness so you can too.

personally i've almost lost interest in using PP strikes, i believe that if you can control the opponent and not hurt them then you're much better off. if you can feel and control their energy then you dont have to hit em hard anyway.

Re: Shu Points - 12/11/04 01:41 PM

Kuma,

regardless of whether or not you like someone should not get in the way of your pursuit of knowledge. It is sort of like cutting off your nose to spite your face. I believe that we can learn from anyone. Putting aside our differences for education sake, is what makes us different from mere animals.

I am new to this forum. I look forward to learning from you all.

FB

Re: Shu Points - 12/12/04 10:44 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fbettincourt:
regardless of whether or not you like someone should not get in the way of your pursuit of knowledge. [/QUOTE]
I don't believe I said anything about disliking anyone, I believe I said we are not in good standing.

It is sort of like cutting off your nose to spite your face. [/QUOTE]
I have a lot of neat saying too. When you assume, you make an ASS of U and ME.

I believe that we can learn from anyone. [/QUOTE]
I would have to say that this is the only thing you've said so far that I agree with.

Putting aside our differences for education sake, is what makes us different from mere animals.[/QUOTE]
Actually it is are ability to reason and make choices that makes us different than the animals. If animals set aside their differences they would all starve to death.

I am new to this forum. I look forward to learning from you all.[/QUOTE]
Welcome to the forum fbettincourt it's good to have you.

[This message has been edited by Kuma (edited 12-12-2004).]

Re: Shu Points - 12/13/04 12:39 PM

Kuma,

I think you missed my point. My point is that you say that you are not in good standing...so what. Does that mean that he has prohibited you from purchasing videos? If he has than that is not smart business. Or are you just upset at something that apparently happened between you that is stopping you in your search for knowledge?

Your post above just sounded juvenile. That is what I was pointing out. If you let things like this get in the way because of your attitude...then my friend, you are only hurting yourself...

God Bless!

FB

Re: Shu Points - 12/14/04 09:51 PM

I think you missed my point. My point is that you say that you are not in good standing...so what. Or are you just upset at something that apparently happened between you that is stopping you in your search for knowledge? [/QUOTE]
You act like he has cornered the market on martial arts knowledge. I can find the same, if not better, some place else. So, why would I hand my hard earned money to someone I don't agree with? If you choose to, go a head. I'm not stopping you.

Your post above just sounded juvenile.[/QUOTE]
Sorry bro but you are the best example of juvenile I have seen on this board in a while. So far you've posted 6 messages: 4 of them in defense of Pantzi's video and 2 here defending Pantzi. Most of them aimed at me. It is obvious that you have no real knowledge to share on this topic and have just come hear out of spite. That is juvenile.

Re: Shu Points - 12/15/04 02:06 PM

It is funny...before my brother completed his anger management class, he would respond in a similar fashion...everything was an attack and everyone was always attacking him. I thank the Lord the he and I can laugh about those days now. Life is too short my friend.

I appologize for the name calling. What I meant, and mean is this...it would have been more respectful of you towards the person who made a simple suggestion, to say "Thanks." All underdog was trying to do was answer your call for help. You did ask a question...they answered. They did not ask for your dirty laundry and things like that. That is what my comment was directed towards.

As far as someone having cornered the market in knowledge...that was never said. You specifically named someone that you had a problem with. I asked you why.

As I said before...life is way too short.

Cheers!

FB

Re: Shu Points - 12/16/04 03:11 PM

For myself, after being stunned by your hostile reply, I found the 5 Shu points in another source, Montaigue, so that's good, I learned something new. Taboo-nz answered you too and you didn't acknowledge. Then I just read the thread from there. It wasn't about a question! You already know far more about the answer than a person would normally hope to get from a forum post. There are two kinds of questions. One is a request for information. The other seeks an opportunity to show someone how much you already know. Your's was the of the second variety and you've achieved that objective very well. From there on, you've been rude and angry. You've been jabbing at people here who have nothing to do with your discomfort. Why not just e-mail Evan Pantazi on his private e-mail or call him and discuss the issue up front and come to some kind of gentlemanly resolution or truce? Try it even if it has failed in the past. Your anger has taken on a life of it's own that probably exceeds the original provocation.
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Shu Points - 12/17/04 03:35 PM

This thread has strayed from it's original topic. The original question has been answered to some extent but since everyone would rather discuss kuma's desire to not look to Pantazi for the information instead of the topic at hand i'm closing this thread.

I saw no hostility in any of kuma's responses. If he chooses not to purchase a video by an individual he either does not agree with or as he put "are not in good standing with", that’s his choice. The name was thrown out there and kuma responded politely and at no point did he attempt to put Mr. Pantazi in a bad light.