For people who know alot about Pressure Points.

Posted by: Anonymous

For people who know alot about Pressure Points. - 09/07/04 01:37 PM

Do you remember which pressure points you learned first, and which ones were the simplest?
When I think about learning pressure points (I know nothing yet) I imagine it being extremely difficult to get into them and practice them. Also, do you know a fairly common martial art that utilizes pressure points? I know that there is Dim Mak, but MA schools in my area are sparse and I don't expect to find a rare art.
Posted by: kempocos

Re: For people who know alot about Pressure Points. - 09/07/04 03:43 PM

the ones in the arm, heart , lung , Large Intestine. Triple warmer. the follow the firw and metal elements laws ans are used in most locks, throws, blocks. Where in NJ are you, I can help you find a good instructor on the subject.

Re: For people who know alot about Pressure Points. - 09/07/04 04:30 PM

Cedar Knolls, NJ. It's near Morristown.

Re: For people who know alot about Pressure Points. - 09/08/04 11:15 PM

Do you remember which pressure points you learned first, and which ones were the simplest?
The ones that I learn first where the ones we used the most: LI10, Lu5, TW12, St5, St6, St9, & GB20. You especially remember the ones you get knocked-out with.

When I think about learning pressure points (I know nothing yet) I imagine it being extremely difficult to get into them and practice them.
The problem is not getting at them, the problem is knowing the correct angle & direction.

I know that there is Dim Mak, but MA schools in my area are sparse and I don't expect to find a rare art.
Many arts incorporate PPs. Usually PPs are not taught as a separate art, and can be added to any style. Look for Kyusho-jitsu (striking PPs) or tuite-jitsu (grappling PPs).