need a good book on dim mak

Posted by: Anonymous

need a good book on dim mak - 08/20/04 08:55 PM

i am 15 and well..frankly im 5 foot flat..i want to learn dim mak..i am not interested in learning how to kill someone..i really dont trust myself with that..some ppl are so frikin stupid and i might actually do it...ive trained in kempo for 7 years and judo for 3 but i just dont see that beeing enough..could someone maybe write me at ir1337@gmail.com you can leave your email adress also and ill write you..also me and my friend are both interested so if you cant teach me anything, but know a really good book then you can reccomend it and ill check it out..

Re: need a good book on dim mak - 08/20/04 09:19 PM

i do have a e-book called point_location.pdf
its about 163 pages long and looks pretty good..will this do? it says like erle montaigues dim mak points or something like that
Posted by: kempocos

Re: need a good book on dim mak - 08/23/04 06:39 AM

Books are not going to help you. This information can only be taught by a good instructor. DIM MAK, KYUSHO, TUITE how ever you want to put it requires flawless technique. What KEMPO did you study OKINAWIAN based styles do alot of Pressure Point work. The catch is you need to be activily training in a good school I understand that you trained for seven years , however from 8 to 15 I really doubt you were taught what the advanced adults were taught. Go to www kushu.com and check the dojo listing. These folks are IMHO the best out there for this information. The sylte is headed by Taika Oyata.

Re: need a good book on dim mak - 08/27/04 07:27 AM

A really good book devoted to dim mak is Erle Montaigue's 'Encyclopaedia of Dim Mak - the Main Meridians' and a separate follow on book called 'The Extra Meridians'.

These books cover the locations of every pressure point, the angle to strike them, the effects of striking them, how they can be used to heal, set up combinations and more.

They really are a complete encyclopaedia on the subject. If you get these two books you'll never need another book or manual to refer to.

However, I would suggest that your also receive competent instruction on this subject from a master. That's the best way to learn.