Pressure Points

Posted by: Anonymous

Pressure Points - 08/13/04 11:24 AM

Hi, I am a Kenpo practioner and new to the forum. I was wondering if anyone in the forum could recommend a book on pressure points, something I could use with my kenpo techniques and strikes. I did a search on the web, but there is so many I don't know which one to buy.

Re: Pressure Points - 03/21/05 05:26 AM

Hey Raysonawav,
I'm a Ryukyu Kempo student and i think that the Geroge Dillman books are really useful to learn pressure points and the basically principles on it.
These books are simplified to be easy to learn and are not thought for healers, they are tought for martial artists.
I think, THIS IS MY OPINION, that every martial artist have to buy these books.

-ADVANCED PRESSURE POINT FIGHTING OF RYUKYU KEMPO - Dillman Theory For All Systems

-KYUSHO JITSU - The Dillman Method of Pressure Point Fighting

-TUITE - Advanced Pressure Point Grappling The Dillman Method of Instant Self-Defence

By George A. Dillman

You can find or buy these at www.dillman.com

Hi.. and good luck

Re: Pressure Points - 03/31/05 12:58 PM

I'd have to agree with Kempo_Student, and would like to add

"Pressure Point Karate Made Easy"

By George A. Dillman and Chris Thomas

and

"Humane Pressure point self defense"

By. George A. Dillman and Chris Thomas.

P.P.K.M.E. is a little more youngster oriented, but the techniques and points in the book are good if you're starting fresh
on the whole Kyusho-Jitsu pressure point fighting and tuite-jitsu concepts. Even in our adult class we ask some of the adults to at least glance over it for a nice starting base to everything. I still look over it and I'm a 1rst Dan. "Humane pressure point" is a little more adult-oriented but again makes a good base for you to expand on with the other three books.