kata and pressure points

Posted by: gokenki1

kata and pressure points - 05/27/04 07:31 PM

where katas designed to hit p/p.I think so,what do you think.
Posted by: kempocos

Re: kata and pressure points - 05/30/04 09:20 PM

Yes
Posted by: laf7773

Re: kata and pressure points - 05/31/04 01:39 AM

Kata was designed for several things, preasure points only being one of them. Kata should be looked at the same as any martial art, preasure points shouldn't be the focus of your training, just another layer of it. Another tool to do the job if you will.
Posted by: underdog

Re: kata and pressure points - 05/18/05 11:02 AM

Agreed!!! Another LAYER- not a replacement for everything else that kata are good for. I come out of the closet and ADMIT that YES I practice kata for pressure points, AND I never stopped practicing kata for

(1) technical perfection of my basics including breathing and stances

(2) getting a good cardio work-out

(3) looking for appliations generally

(4) looking for energy applications.

(5)I practice kata at all speeds depending on what I want to get out of a kata on a particular day.

(6) I practice kata sometimes with weights.

(7) I'll take sections of a kata and do the same run or single move over and over.

(8) I sometimes take my empty hand katas and do them with a weapon. I take my weapons kata and train them with empty hands.

There is no limit to what you can do with kata and every time you learn something new to do with them, it is just ONE MORE LAYER. I practice my kata every day and I never run out of things to do with them.
Posted by: Demonologist437

Re: kata and pressure points - 05/19/05 12:32 AM

The kata have all the pressure points and pressure point techniques built into them, you just have to understand how to break them down.