Questions from a newby

Posted by: Anonymous

Questions from a newby - 05/26/04 12:56 PM

In UFC most of the winners are brazlian ju jitsu fighters that can also do good at stand up fighting.

Why isnt there more Kyusho practicers in these types of competitions. Knowing where to hit someone to get a quick KO would make them one of the best fighters.

And I know groin, eyes, and fingering pressure points are not legal moves. But in the videos from www.kyusho.com he hits the spots simotaneously resulting in the KO. Striking these points would be legal.

This art seems very intresting to me, but Ive yet to see some of it done practically in fight.

With all respect

Travis
Posted by: Dr. Krunk-n-stein

Re: Questions from a newby - 05/26/04 05:08 PM

The fact is that most of the winners nowadays are wrestlers with a good striking background. BJJ/GJJ alone is not enough these days to win MMAS comps. consistently. These are world class athletes, steroids included. You are fighting adrenalized, juice monsters so kyusho won't necessarily work on them.

Plus, the real karate-ka will never enter a BS pissin' contest like this. That IS the truth and always has been. Competition of this sort, NHB or otherwise, goes against traditional karate training and philosophy. Now if it was a surprise street confrontation, that's another story, but what pro fighter would risk getting hurt in a real fight and lose out on winning money in the ring or Octagon? Sounds ridiculous huh? That is totally counter to what most people train in MAs for. Bassackwards.

Think about it. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!
Posted by: kempocos

Re: Questions from a newby - 05/30/04 09:26 PM

Kyusho.com is a group of DILLMAN trained KYUSHO people and I have yet to see the knock outs work against anyone who is not just standing there. Many of the submissions they use can be mapped out using PP in te same way TUITE uses PP's.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Questions from a newby - 05/31/04 02:40 PM

yes the use of some P/P 's are not allowed in NHB / UFC fights , and now that I've been training in KYUSHO for alittle while now and want to do some of this full contact fighting and workin these P/P's to fighting it is hard to hit the points that you need to to KO someone A. when you are moveing B. when the other person is traind in any other / or same style of MA,. if some jerk would come up and start in with me I would have the advantage cuz I know what I know & he dosen't but if we knew each other and he started with me he might know what I would do and defend aganst it .... element of surprise is the key to everything.................