Basic Techniques

Posted by: darkesthours

Basic Techniques - 04/18/04 06:08 AM

Hi, I'm new to the forum, and I am looking for ways to incorporate pressure points into my fighting style (Tae Kwon Do/Hapkido). Can someone please tell me some basic techniques that I might be able to add to my repertoire?
Posted by: dazzler2

Re: Basic Techniques - 04/20/04 07:12 AM

Hi

I'm no pressure points expert, however assuming you have access to someone to show you various pressure points in the first place, what was used in my jujitsu training was something called scarecrow practice whereby a parner stands with arms spread and you spend say a minute working all the way around the body striking the various points.

after a while these points can become second nature and you can target them in your normal practice.

Also very useful for developing ability to use different forms of strikes eg. we would practice only foreknuckle strikes, finger spear strikes , hammerfist strikes, ridgehand, archand etc.

Cheers

D
Posted by: schanne

Re: Basic Techniques - 04/23/04 02:45 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by darkesthours:
Hi, I'm new to the forum, and I am looking for ways to incorporate pressure points into my fighting style (Tae Kwon Do/Hapkido). Can someone please tell me some basic techniques that I might be able to add to my repertoire?[/QUOTE]

TK and pressure points????
Hapkido, now your talking. The reason I say that it's one of my favorite MA. If your studying hapkido your already using many pressure points and probably don't even know it, many of the throws are from wrist locks and many of the kicks are to the back of the knee area and soft muscle groups. Be more specific about pressure points and what your trying to accomplish.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Basic Techniques - 05/19/04 06:05 PM

If you want to learn about pressuer points you should check out this web site , it will show you where the points are located all over the body , how to ues them to heal and if you can find a place that teaches kyusho in your town that will help also. web site is ( yinyanghouse.com ) hope this helps you & all.......................
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Basic Techniques - 05/19/04 06:12 PM

you also can check out kyusho.com they are based out of mass. , it is also an international site if you sign up to there forum as well it could help out even more ( knolage is danger ) .....................