Good Videos

Posted by: dirdmister

Good Videos - 04/02/04 07:42 AM

Im new here and was wondering if their are any good videos you can buy online that are good for pressure points?
How effective are the pressure points that they teach?
Posted by: alan shindsharonjr

Re: Good Videos - 04/02/04 03:52 PM

There are many but you cant go wrong with tapes from George Dillman , Song T. Park, and Erle Montaigue.
Good Luck
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Good Videos - 04/07/04 07:39 AM

You can also register online with Kyusho International at www.kyusho.com
Evan Pentazi Shihan, also has some videos. Just follow the links.

--Dave

Re: Good Videos - 05/19/04 06:32 PM

yes dave is right I do not have any of the videos but I do take classes that are taught by evan , he's very good at what he does...........

Re: Good Videos - 08/07/04 02:48 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LCMA:
yes dave is right I do not have any of the videos but I do take classes that are taught by evan , he's very good at what he does...........[/QUOTE]

Evan just did a seminar for us, here in Australia. You are right sir, he is very good. A great day, and some fantastic training.

--Dave
Posted by: BaguaMonk

Re: Good Videos - 05/07/05 07:51 PM

Please do not buy George Dillmans tapes...Ugh I find his methods and ways of teaching absolutely disgusting. Just another man banking off slopilly done Dim Mak. Dim Mak actually comes from internal systems, he just takes the accupersure knowledge and applies it to his karate. Then he knocks out women, men, who don't defend themselves at all, and assumes they won't have any permanent effects from being constantly knocked out..He really doesn't know what he's playing with.

Now Erle Montagiue, I can reccomend. He's an internal sylist, and he understands the true reprecussions that come from knocking people out, or even worse, killing.

The kind of clips where people just do one technique, stand there while the dude does his supposed "Dim Mak" are ridiculous, and it is no wonder why the MMA community laughs at them. Just look at that Evan clip, the guy kicks, it is blocked (because he knows its coming), then he just stands there while the teacher beats on him with his "Dim Mak." I would love to see that tried on any other capable MMA or TMA.
Posted by: SANCHIN31

Re: Good Videos - 05/08/05 02:42 AM

I have the Dillman videos. I watch them when I want a good laugh. I really like the technique of catching a crotch kick with your thighs on your opponents pp's,then turning sending him down to the floor reeling. WOOOOOOOO!!!
Posted by: Kosh

Re: Good Videos - 05/08/05 07:31 AM

Oh please! You say Dillman is no good and you reccomend Montaigue? Ha! His applications are of the same quality (or worse) as Dillmans. His explanations of the points are interesting though.

And about doing KOs. I haven`t heard that anyone died or had a longterm effect after a KO so far. People have been doing them for 20 years and they`re all still alive and well.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Good Videos - 05/08/05 11:35 PM

Quote:

And about doing KOs. I haven`t heard that anyone died or had a longterm effect after a KO so far. People have been doing them for 20 years and they`re all still alive and well.

That's because Dillman doesn't really "KO" people. Watch their videos, KO'ed people don't do breakfalls or let themselves fall gently. All a bunch of brainwashed BS.
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Good Videos - 05/09/05 12:22 AM

I'm sorry Joel but this isn't exactly true. I have been KOed by some of the Dillman techniques. The first experiences i had with Dillman's methods was several years ago when i met Scott (Kempoman). I'm the last person to buy into anyone’s BS for the sake of anything. I can tell you the KOs do work, BUT only in the sterile dojo setting you tend to see them in. I don't think the majority of these KOs would be practical in any other situation.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Good Videos - 05/09/05 12:44 AM

Ok, I jumped the gun a bit, I understand that some of these can be very effective and it is something that I am interested in learning (pressure points). But I have seen many a video that have pressure point KO's that seem to have no basis in reality, sterile setting or otherwise.

I apologize, I shall try to be less judging from a few encounters in the future.
Posted by: SANCHIN31

Re: Good Videos - 05/09/05 01:04 AM

I can personally tell you that pressure point ko's work,but not all of them,not all the time,and not on everyone. I have one 3-point ko that generally works most of the time and is relatively easy to pull off with good timing even on a resisting opponent.
Posted by: BaguaMonk

Re: Good Videos - 05/09/05 11:51 PM

The Tele-evangelist method works quite well, (you know, the pushing on the forhead and slap on the side of the neck), as you see on TV. As for Dillman, I disagree with his methods, that is all. And long-term effects doesn't mean like permanent brain damage, it means imbalance in energy which could cause many things. If someone suffers from sudden chronic insomnia, how the hell would they know it was caused by one of Dillman's strikes? Slapping on the top of the head, as I have seen them do, is one of the worst, and could cause long-term effects (Note: This is different from DELAYED). In order to understand the kind of effects it could have, they have do have knowledge of basc accupuncture/pressure medicine, or at least be taught what they do.

Erle Montagiue's application's aren't very good you might say, but they are based for internal sylists. Where it is mostly based on pre-emptive striking, angles, closing/trapping. He has more knowledge in basic Dim Mak than most people I have seen, and he understands internal flow as well as the healing effects/damaging effects the strikes could have done correctly. Internal striking is different because there is no mindset, everything just happens naturally, but your mind is still basically in control. The "no mind" concept in the internal arts is difficult to explain, it is what allows complex body mechanics such as fa jing happen without a single thought crossing your mind, and the same thing that allows one to sense openings and hit at precise angles with hardly any effort at extremely fast speeds.