Gordon Travers' Passing

Posted by: dkigirl

Gordon Travers' Passing - 01/11/04 04:15 PM

It is with great sadness that I must inform you of the passing of Sensei Gordon Travers.

He was taken from us suddenly yesterday, January 6th. The exact details are not known at this time, however I take some comfort knowing that he did not suffer, and more importantly, he was with friends. He was travelling through New York State with a group from York Karate.

Visitation and funeral arrangements are being made through Turner and Porter funeral home in Mississauga Ontario. Their phone number is (905) 279 - 7663. The details of times are not yet known as we have to arrange to bring Sensei home first. I will update this web page with details as soon as they are avialable.

Sensei Sarah has asked that you excercise restraint before contacting her in this difficult time as she copes with the arrangement process. We ask that you talk to Dimitri Markoulakis before calling Sensei Sarah. Dimitri can be reached at 416 258 0745

Scott Travers January 7, 2004 - 9:30 am

Update: Funeral arrangements have been made. It will take place at Turner & Porter Funeral Home. 2180 Hurontario St. (Just north of the QEW) Tel: (905) 279-7663. The viewing will take place on Friday, January 9 from 6:00pm to 9:00pm. The service will take place on Saturday, January 10 at 1:00pm.

Becky
Posted by: Kempoman

Re: Gordon Travers' Passing - 01/12/04 01:34 PM

Terrible news. A lgreat loss for DKI and the martial arts community at large. We will keep his family in our prayers.

[This message has been edited by Kempoman (edited 01-12-2004).]