elbow question

Posted by: xerxes

elbow question - 06/05/03 01:59 PM

I study hapkido and we talk about pressure points a little bit but we don't have a designation system. I was hoping someone on this list could answer a few qustions.

Okay, first of all, take your right hand and put it underneath your left elbow. Now move it a little closer to your armpit. The thumb of your right hand should be right on the elbow joint. Underneath your thumb there is a pressure point. What is it called? What can you tell me about it?

Years ago I took a hard , sharp impact on that point. It was not in a MA class; it was completely by accident. When it happened my arm was completely paralysed by the impact. I could not move it at all. This lasted for about two seconds then my arm began to recover. But, I did not get full recovery until about eight seconds after impact.

Does anyone know of a point that can paralyse a leg?
Posted by: Kempoman

Re: elbow question - 06/05/03 03:11 PM

xerxes,

I could be wrong but I think that you are talking about ShouWuLi (Five Measures of the Arm);Large Intestine-12. Struck down an in towards the elbow. A good strike here can cause servre nausea and vomiting or ShouSanLi (Arm's three measure); Large Intestine-10. This one will definately paralyze the arm and have a weakening effect for several minutes. LI-10 is below the elbow, LI-12 is above the elbow.

A good point to do the leg is what I like to call the "stupid point". Hang your hands down at you sides where the tip of the middle finger lands in the middle of the side of the thigh is this point. It is called FengShi (City of Wind); Gall Bladder-30. Use the knee, ball of foot or big toe to attack and strike straight in to the bone.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Kempoman (edited 06-05-2003).]
Posted by: kempocos

Re: elbow question - 06/06/03 12:02 PM

The point at the tip of the elbow point is SMALL INTESTINE 8. The SI meridian runs from the tip of the pinky along the outside edge of the hand, very close to the heart meridian.runs under the arm to the back of the shoulder then zigzags up to the cheek a good point is SI 19 near the ear, between the ear and the eye.
Posted by: xerxes

Re: elbow question - 06/06/03 02:31 PM

Kempoman,

Thanks for the input. Perhaps my recollection is a little bit off. Whereas I had thought I had been hit above the elbow you indicate it is the point below which causes paralysis. I was not nauseaous at all so perhaps I was hit on LI10 rather than LI12.

Kempocos,

Thanks for responding. Actually where I got hit was more on the side of the elbow rather than the tip.