I am an idiot!

Posted by: Jamoni

I am an idiot! - 04/18/03 06:53 PM

I was just reading a book on Pressure Points, and checking them on myself. I tried one on my forearm which sent horrible pains shooting through my arm. I thought: "WOW, THAT ONE REALLY WORKS!"
Only to discover that I had a big cut and bruise there from banging into a door earlier today!
Posted by: Reiki

Re: I am an idiot! - 04/18/03 09:41 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jamoni:
I was just reading a book on Pressure Points, and checking them on myself. I tried one on my forearm which sent horrible pains shooting through my arm. I thought: "WOW, THAT ONE REALLY WORKS!"
Only to discover that I had a big cut and bruise there from banging into a door earlier today!
[/QUOTE]

ROFL!
actually you shouldn't practice hitting pressure points much because you can do damage to vital organs plus it gets a bit painful after a while... ;D

Once/week is probably more than enough with your uki and I would be extremely careful of those around the head, neck and face - particularly the carotid arteries.

Don't hit them full force, ever. Also learn how to revive them properly from an expert and how to get the ki working in the proper direction BEFORE you've hit them and disturbed the flow.

Don't practice any pressure point work if u have heart problems.

Remember that points hit in the cycle of destruction will have adverse affect at different times of day, possibly over several days, and that some points are touch or rub points or need to be attacked at certain angles to be effective!

If it's the point I'm thinking of that u hit, it will weaken the knees and expose the throat/neck for further actions.

budo
Reiki
Posted by: joesixpack

Re: I am an idiot! - 04/19/03 08:11 AM

Okay, how can I practice without seriously hurting people? I mean, they are a valuable asset and if you don't practice they get sloppy.
Posted by: Kempoman

Re: I am an idiot! - 04/21/03 09:00 AM

Kata....Kata...Kata!!!!

Scott
Posted by: Reiki

Re: I am an idiot! - 04/21/03 04:25 PM

I go with Kempoman, practice, practice and practice the kata !!! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

That's one of the reasons to really work on the kata and its yatsukos.

But you can practice strikes to the points without hitting hard and hurting your uki.

As long as u know which point you are striking and its exact location then practice the technique but don't follow through with the full strike.

If you have control of your strikes [and I would assume u do by now], you should be able to do this quite precisely.