death touch

Posted by: budoson

death touch - 05/22/02 02:34 PM

I recently came across a book called Death Touch, The Science behind the legend of dim mak at the following site www.dimmak.net
Has anyone read this book? I am thinking about buying it. It was written by a medical doctor and supposedly explains how pressure points affect the body.
Posted by: kempocos

Re: death touch - 05/23/02 10:46 AM

I do not know that book but I would suggest going here www.dragonsociety.com. The site is owned by Rick Moneymaker he is known for his ability to explain PP and how to apply the five elemets to increase the results.I train this style under one of his students and take five hour seminars with him every six weeks. There are several books and videos that he sells that are very good, but check the seminars and I would try to attend one of them he knows the science behind the nervous system, muscle system etc. as good as any doctor I have met. He goes from the traditional chinese medicine/accupreassure side and explains it so that it makes sense in real life applications. I suggest this because knowing the affect is not going to help if the angle of the strike or the setup strikes/grabs are not correct.
The above is my own humble opinion. hope it helps

train hard , train often
kempocos
Posted by: Kyushoka

Re: death touch - 10/10/02 06:17 PM

Excellent Book! I will risk saying that I do not agree with all of the information presented in it but it is most certainly a wealth of good information. You can't go wrong I think by giving it a read or three! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: KC

Re: death touch - 08/17/03 08:43 AM

budoson if y r looking 4 informational books
on p.p try the encyclopedia of dim-mak i have not found a better book, order it and tell me what u think o yeah try ws www.paladin-press.com this ws is for the very seriuos martial artist. enjoy