pressure point angle/direction

Posted by: martinnitram

pressure point angle/direction - 11/28/01 03:00 PM

hi all

i have just joined this forum as i have desperately been trying to increase by knowledge about martial arts, especially the use of pressure points for healing and combat use. firstly i just need to put my mind at rest i would appreciate it very much if someone could tell me the difference between angle and direction when using pressure points.
thanks
Posted by: Kempoman

Re: pressure point angle/direction - 11/28/01 06:10 PM

Welcome to the Forum!

That is a good question and is asked a lot by many people. I'll give a shot at answering it. Angle refers to the actual angle at which a point must be struck or manipulated to gain effect. Most of these are at 90, 45 or 30. This is the most overlooked component in getting desired reaction from the points. Some points can be struck at different angles to produce different effects. For example TW-17 must be struck at a 45 degree angle.

Direction is the direction of the force that is applied. For example TW-17 located behind the jaw and under the ear must be struck from the back of the head towards the front and slightly up.

Combining the two you get 45 degrees in toward the center of the head and from back to front.

This will give a KO in most cases especially when coupled with any of the other principles.

If I have not been clear, let me know.

Scott
Posted by: martinnitram

Re: pressure point angle/direction - 12/02/01 11:51 AM

just like to say thank you for clearing it up so simply, thanks

[This message has been edited by martinnitram (edited 12-15-2001).]