Nei-Dan

Posted by: illuminati271

Nei-Dan - 07/27/01 01:12 PM

I recently have attempted to practice Nei-Dan (internal breathing) to accumulate and control chi better. Has anyone had any succes or experiences with this?......Damien
Posted by: Kempoman

Re: Nei-Dan - 07/30/01 01:36 PM

Damien-san,

It is very important that we concentrate on the internal as well as the external. Nei-dan training should be practiced by all martial artists.

Nei-dan in yin to wei-dan's yang. Nei-dan training can also be broken up into a yin and yang portion. The yin and yang portions always complement each other and make a stronge whole.

The yin side of nei-dan training can take many forms , the most popular being qigong. There are many qigong sets for many different effects. Some are for health, some for martial power, some for energy projection.

What type of nei-dan training were you doing?

Re: Nei-Dan - 07/30/01 05:21 PM

I am doing very basic small circulation. i am new to my style (kenpo), but have had an interest in the arts since i was a kid. My instructor teaches points and application, so i have a great exposure to point/energy fighting. However, i am undergoing internal cultivation on my own. thnks for the rely...Damien
Posted by: Kempoman

Re: Nei-Dan - 07/30/01 05:52 PM

Damien-san,

I believe you are one of Sean's students.

The small circulation teaches you to recognize energetic flow, and begins tio train the mind(yi) to lead the energy(chi) along the conception/governing vessels.

If your goal is to be able to add chi to your striking and grappling then I would say that you are on the right path. It is important to be able to feel the energy moving.

There are also qigongs for cultivation of energy. A good one to begin with is the Ba Duan Jin or "Eight Pieces of Brocade". I'll send you am e-mail on where to get the best video on it.

Scott

Re: Nei-Dan - 07/31/01 04:33 PM

Yes, Sean is my instructor. thanks for the advivce...Damien