Kyusho 101

Posted by: Kempoman

Kyusho 101 - 07/23/01 02:46 PM

Please post your comments to this topic in "Replies to Kyusho 101". I would like this thread to stay clean with just raw information on kyusho/tuite.
Kyusho/Tuite-Jitsu is the study of attacking the human energetic system through the naturally provided interfaces. One cannot fully utilize kyusho-jitsu without using tuite-jitsu just like you cannot separate yin from yang, east from west, north from south. There is a distinct portion of the art that is kyusho and one that is tuite just like there is a distinct north and a distinct south, but they are meant to work together.

Kyusho/Tuite uses the science of Traditional Chinese Medicine(TCM) as a base for understanding and affecting the human energteic system. Although the sames theories are used understanding one does not mean that you understand the other.

Law of Complimentary Opposites(+/-)(Yin/Yang):
It is important to understand this concept as is applies to the human body and the human energetic system. For example the front of the body is (-) and the back is (+), but only when comparing the front and the back. The left is (+) and the right is (-), but only when comparing the left to the right. (+/-) comparisons exist throught the body learning to incorporate this into your strikes and locks generates huge gains in effectiveness.

The human body has a specific energetic flow that moves through the body in a predictable pattern. Energy typically flows up towards the head on the front of the body and down towards the feet on the back of the body. Negative flows must be struck against the flow of the energy, and positive flows must be struck in the same direction as the flow to cause a disruption.

Energy flows along pathways called meridians. These are like rivers with water flowing along them. Pressure points are points along the meridians where input can be put in and output can be read. Similar to a boat dock. From a MWM point of view, they are located where a nerve makes a "Y", "V" or an "X"(crossing). They are located usually 45 degrees under the bone.

End Part I
Questions? Comments?

Scott

Re: Kyusho 101 - 11/30/01 05:03 PM

<b>REVIVAL/RESTORATION</b>

It is very important to learn the basic revival/restoration techniques, if not before at least at the same time as beginning your study of kyusho/tuite.

1) Restoring Energy to a specific point: In order to restore energy to a specific point after begin struck, you should slap the point with 1/2 of the force of the initial strike then begin rubbing with an open palm in the direction of the flow of the energy or rubbing with an open palm in widening circles.
This will cause the energy to begin flowing properly thru the point again.

2) Generally Restoring Energy to the entire Body: Lie the individual on the ground on their backs. Repeat this process for each arm - lightly slap the arm on the upper and lower sections, rub down the arm - grasp each finger between your thumb and index finger and pull/slide all the way down the finger. Repeat this same process for the legs.

3) Reviving someone from a pressure point KO: Sit the individual up and cross his legs indian-style. Rub up the spine from the lower back to the shoulder blades. Then if the individual was KO'd by points on the head lightly slap Bl-10 on the opposite side of the head that the strike occured. If not then choose a side that you are comfortable with and make the slap. You can substitute pressing up into this point if you like. It may take a couple of slaps but they will wake up. A little rubbing after the slap will produce better results. If the uke went fully out then proceed to the general energy restoration.
Posted by: tweety

Re: Kyusho 101 - 01/28/02 01:45 PM

I know this is an old topic, but I feel I must post. For a revival (of any sort PP or not) DO NOT sit someone up when they are unresponsive or unable to get up themselves. This is something that I see a lot of people doing that is VERY dangerous. You're asking for a neck injury.
Posted by: Kyushoka

Re: Kyusho 101 - 10/10/02 06:55 PM

As an ex-lifeguard I understand the concern over neck injuries. However, this is normally a concern in situations when you arrive upon an unconscious person and you either did not see how the "victim" arrived in such a state, OR you witnessed an accident in which you believe head/neck/back injury may have occured. It may also be a concern in the event that the "KO" was due to a rapid change in blood pressure either higher or lower. This change will cause the legs to shed in an attempt to become level so that the heart can more easily regulate the blood pressure in the system. On an energy level things can be quite different. Many knockouts cause an overload to the sensory nervous system. If you plug too many devices into a circuit in your home a "short circuit" will occur and the breaker/fuse will switch off. The fuse is designed to prevent overloads that could lead to fires, etc... Your brain has certain built in fuses that serve a similar purpose. If an overload occurs parts of the brain will shut off to protect the rest of the brain and nervous system from being damaged. Since no damage as occured and the negative stimulus has been remove it is important to turn the breaker back on, so to speak. In this case it is important to re-energize the circuit quickly. Sitting the unconscious person up helps keep the energy from dropping (which is by the way it's natural tendency). There are ways of doing revivals while the person is still lying down but if it is know that no neck injury is present then sitting them up is a fast and effective way of "turning the power back on". There is one other possibility, don't do knockouts on people you feel the need to revive. If you attack me on the street, threatening my safety or the safety of the people I love, and I know you out... I doubt that I'd be in any hurry to do a revival of any sort.

Just my two cents for what it's worth. Cheers all!

Osu

Re: Kyusho 101 - 10/16/02 12:47 PM

Good to see people concerned with safety. That always must be a first. I have revived people from KO's using this method a couple of hundred times with no incident. That's not to say that a neck injury might not be there. You should always have at least two people behing the uke to catch him after the KO but before he hits the ground. Very nice post Kyushoka...