Kyusho 101: Replies & Questions

Posted by: Kempoman

Kyusho 101: Replies & Questions - 07/23/01 02:44 PM

Post here with your comments, questions and challenges to the Kyusho 101 section.

Scott
Posted by: Brewer

Re: Kyusho 101: Replies & Questions - 07/25/01 02:20 PM

Hello kempoman,
I know that there are some points that can be easily attacked,but what do you say as far as those whose areas are hard to get to.And how about trying to strike a meridian at a certain time of day,be it before lunch or after lunch upon rising or just after a nap.Some of these techniques seem pretty far fetched and unless one can vibrate his hand at so many cyles per second.You see what I am getting at,I mean how realistic is alot of this pressure point system and the vibrating hand and all?I've seen the knockouts on the Dillman demos but the guy is standing still for him.Nobody in his right mind is going to stand still for you in the street.How would someone hit these points exactly right on a moving target who is attacking you at the same time?
Your Brother in the Arts
Posted by: Kempoman

Re: Kyusho 101: Replies & Questions - 07/25/01 09:17 PM

Brewer-san,

You would be surprised how often I am asked this question. You'd think that I would print up some standard white paper for it. But I'll wing it anouther time.

First let me address the issue of uke standing still. This is done for the safety of the uke, and for beginners to learn how to strike the points. One of the requirements is to be able to get the effects on moving subjects, however there have been some incidents during seminars where motion ko's have produced too deep of a KO. Remember that KO's are not the point of the system or the seminars.

I will agree with you that many of the KO's that are done in seminars are impractical in a real situation. But like I keep saying, "I have used kyusho in three real life situations, one of which was life or death". It has not failed me and I struck the points that I was after, because I practiced to strike those points, while practicing my kata.

When someone attacks you they do so by pushing, punching, grasping, shoving, tackling or kicking. In each of these situations the attacker presents you with the necessary points that you need to begin the sequence with(Man I need to post some MPEGs). Points have three main functions: Pain production, joint control and area control. They also work to produce autonomic reactions(like cross-extensor reflex actinon) in the body that are irresistable. Many use the bodies natural defense system against it.

Time of day really doesn't matter, because you won't just use one point. You will use the kata movements to set-up a energetic imbalance to take advantage of. The time of day related to the diurnal cycle of energy and is just the time of day that the energy is more active along that particular meridian/organ.

Also, when someone attacks they change their body energetics, most of the time in you favor. An agressive attack causes the body to become too yang and is easily defeated by a yin motion. Also uke grabbing you sets-up a "short-circuit" of sorts. I am going to post the first few tests please, please, please try them. This can only enhance your own art. The level that you add to you own art is up to you...remember

If the mind can concieve it, the body can acheive it!

Scott

Re: Kyusho 101: Replies & Questions - 07/27/01 12:46 PM

Hello Scott,
I will be more than happy to give it a shot.I didn't find any info on your background, can you e-mail me some or post it and if you have it posted let me know where it is?
Your Brother in the Arts

Re: Kyusho 101: Replies & Questions - 08/03/01 02:24 PM

Hello Kempoman,
Waiting with eagerness.
Your Brother in the Arts [IMG]http://bbs.fightingarts.com/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: KoshoBob

Re: Kyusho 101: Replies & Questions - 08/15/01 12:35 PM

I have been to Dilman seminar and train with a former blackbelt under him. Although we don't go out of our way to hit pressure points we do study them on occasion.

I am looking forward to more of your application of PP.

Re: Kyusho 101: Replies & Questions - 08/26/01 10:55 PM

Hello Kempoman,
I am waiting with eagerness to try the first few test,I don't want to seem pushy but I am very interested.
Thank you,
Your Brother in the Arts