diurnal cycle...

Posted by: KenpoSecrets

diurnal cycle... - 07/02/01 02:38 PM

i wanna hear what scott has to say on this topic...

it's a well-known fact that the points stay active for around 20min... with that being said, then how is it that you can strike a point, and the effects not be felt until the meridian becomes active 12hrs later... it's well past the 20min limit...

thanks,
sean.
Posted by: Kempoman

Re: diurnal cycle... - 07/02/01 11:18 PM

Sean,

First thanks for joining us. This has been a goal of mine for a while(to moderate a forum on PP's). Thanks alot for not cutting me any slack with the first question.

[This is a very advanced topic, but since this is a PP forum I will do my best to answer openly while using language that advanced practicioners will understand.]
The diurnal cycle of energy is one of three cycles of energy found in the energetic system of the body. [Bear with me here Sean as it goes to the answer] The three cycles of energy are the Creative(regulatory), destructive, and the diurnal cycles. All three exist in the body at the same time.[Man this is going to get awfully involved, awfully quick]
Remember that I am speaking from a TCM[Traditional Chinese Medicine] viewpoint. All things being equal the body exists in harmony, everything is in balance. By balance I mean the Law of Complimentary Opposites[Yin/Yang Law], and the concepts of Kan(Fire) and Li(Water). It is when the system becomes unbalanced that "dis"-"ease" can set in.

In kyusho-jitsu we introduce thru strikes to the pressure points and imbalance. Every strike causes an imbalance in Yin/Yang and has potential to cause an imbalance to the Kan/Li relationship[Sean, "See a Window of the Sky Point" strike].

The diurnal cycle of energy is the natural flow of energy from one meridian/organ pair to the next. While energy flows thru the Large Intestine it spirals the Lungs. But it is important to realize that energy is everywhere in the body at once. If it weren't you'd die. During the diurnal cycle of energy each two hours one meridian/organ is more active.

Remenber that I said that each time that you strike a pressure point you cause an imbalance in the energetic system. Striking in the diurnal cycle of energy sets up an overload(yang) or depletion(yin) of energy in the effected meridian. Causing the effects that are felt later. Similar to the delayed-death touch.

Feel free to question!

Scott
Posted by: KenpoSecrets

Re: diurnal cycle... - 07/05/01 10:14 AM

scott... im not sure i understand... could you break it down a little more specifically...

ive been thinking for a long time about hosting a pressure point forum for you, but i just never actually got around to it...

im opening a new site soon... itll be dedicated to teaching students how to analyze forms, and itll contain lots of my individual efforts... TONS of video examples will be posted, as well as many many tutorials about how to view forms, how to break them down, and the different ways you can work them in order to attain profeciency... im also going to throw PP's in there, since you cant really separate them that well out of forms work... initially, the site will be by invitation only until i get some of the bugs worked out... then, ill slowly open it up to the public... i havent registered the domain yet, so i cant tell you the name, but trust me, youll be getting an email when it's ready...

sean.