Every pressure point

Posted by: Landus

Every pressure point - 02/03/09 06:42 PM

Ok I was going to message this question to some people because I feel this question will seem ridiculous to most but I want to know what your opinions are...

What would happen to someone if every pressure on their body was activated/triggered?

I'm sure this would be possible, I'm not thinking 50 people with fingers ready, but a machine with fine points or something that can achieve this.

Would the result be mostly bad, or would it be good from a healing perspective (possibly if the pressure points were only triggered very slightly)

?
Posted by: JMWcorwin

Re: Every pressure point - 02/03/09 07:19 PM

Every pressure point in the entire body all at once? I'm at a loss.
Quote:

I'm sure this would be possible, I'm not thinking 50 people with fingers ready, but a machine with fine points or something that can achieve this.

Please, please tell me you're a troll or at least just joking. Otherwise, I... I ... nope can't do it.

Slowly, carefully... Put the pipe down and walk away. Then have a trusted loved one dispose of it.
Posted by: Ames

Re: Every pressure point - 02/03/09 07:24 PM

Why would anyone want to do this?

What do you think would happen if you strapped someone to a machine and had every pressure point activated simultaneously?

Aside from being a good way to win a Darwin Award, I see no reason for doing this.

--Chris
Posted by: duanew

Re: Every pressure point - 02/04/09 03:49 PM

Absolutley nothing the combination of competing elemental lines would be counterproductive and would nullify any effect. Also you would need to make sure that the victim did not push down with one big toe while lifting the other or place their tongue on the roof of the mouth which is known to negate any PP techniques by changing the ki/chi flow and disrupt the intended technique.
Unless of course there was not a simultaneous activation in which case the response would be a direct response to the sequence in which it was applied leading from anything to mild pain, to flatulance, incontinance, unconciousness or death or a combination of any of the above.

Duane (death touch master)
Posted by: Landus

Re: Every pressure point - 02/04/09 06:36 PM

I thought I would wait a few years, make some posts and then do this thread to show I was a troll biding his time all along.

Ames my knowledge of PP is so tiny I have no idea what might happen, I am just curious, and a Darwin Award would be worth it. However, I did wonder if activating all the pressure points gently may be of benefit, I can imagine it may 'awaken' the body a bit, no idea.

Thanks duanew, what do you think would be the outcome of competing elemental lines, could they become weaker, stronger? (are elemental lines similar to nerve endings which carry messages of feeling?)
Posted by: JMWcorwin

Re: Every pressure point - 02/04/09 07:48 PM

Ok,

I will not indulge the hitting of all of them at once and give you the benefit of the doubt. There are forms of pressure point massage (like shiatsu and others) in which the massuer would work on a whole lot of points seperately around the body to "restablish balance". But, never ALL of them, just too many. This is kinda the equivelent of a tune up for your ki/chi centers if you follow those beliefs. If not, it can be a very effective form of deep tissue massage and very relaxing. But, as for hitting every point at once? .... what's the point? (pun intended)

Even if we were able to establish that this had potential for death or total healing or anything in between, what good would that knowledge be to you, in a martial sense? And before you say ,"I wasn't talking in relation to MA", remember this is a MA forum. Therefore, I hold the general understanding that all topics are being discussed in relation to MA. (asided from the general talk forum maybe)
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Every pressure point - 02/05/09 07:31 AM

Landus -

The majority of folks here are going to regard this question as irrelevant, since activation of all the points is effectively impossible for martial arts purposes, as Corwin mentioned. Did you have something more specific in mind?
Posted by: duanew

Re: Every pressure point - 02/05/09 08:17 AM

Elemental my dear Watson-Using the ancient Chinese concepts of Wood, Earth, Fire, Water, Metal and the understanding of the destructive cycles-Fire burns wood, water rusts metal, water extinguishes fire, metal cuts wood,etc. This understanding will lead you to enlightment regarding PP,DM,DT, and KS.

Duane