Thanks

Posted by: underdog

Thanks - 11/07/07 05:47 PM

I think there may have been a few people from fighting arts who voted for me as "most dedicated student" which was a Kyusho International award given to me this past weekend in Barcelona Spain. I'm sure most of the voters came from KI. Anyway, I've written a longer thanks on the KI forum in the general discussion section. Thanks to all who voted.
Posted by: Gavin

Re: Thanks - 11/12/07 11:43 AM

Well done Roseanne!
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: Thanks - 11/12/07 11:47 AM

Congrats!
http://www.kyusho.com/IKCTOC.htm

looks like Dillman swept up on the other categories. Did you get any cool prizes?
Posted by: underdog

Re: Thanks - 11/12/07 07:16 PM

The other recognized people were Jim Corn for reasearch, Gary Boaz for mentor and Asa Seeley for ambassador.

My recogniztion was for dedicated student. This is what I said on the KI forum in response to the congrats and this is how I feel about my training.

I am really pleased to be a part of Kyusho International and to have been recognized for being “most dedicated student”. What a thrill.

It probably says less about me than it does about the organization and the broader group of folks who participate on the KI forum. There are a lot of little known people like me who are dedicated to their training, even though we will never really reach any great heights. Any one of us could have been recognized on behalf of all of the others. Look at what this recognition says about all of you.

This unusual recognition says that this organization is about teachers and training partners sharing their skills. You aren’t looking for future world champions or someone who will achieve something spectacular like walking on water. You’re just modestly looking to better prepare the average person by teaching Kyusho.

This recognition says you are not looking only for high achievers. Everyone would love to have a student who is a quick learner sure to be a master someday. However, you recognized a 59 year old grandmother whose success will never be more greatly actualized or known than in her own imagination.

I hope that if there is anyone else out there who is challenged in any way and wondering what the point of continued training might be, that he or she will also feel encouraged by this recognition. Know that all this teaching structure and effort is for us too. We have a place. Our fellow students and teachers are telling us that they sincerely want us to participate and take that place.

To all who voted, thank you. To all who have no other reason for training than the love of the art, put on your belt and let’s play!
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Thanks - 11/15/07 07:49 PM

Very nice response, Rosanne. Congrats!