Humane Pressure Point Self-Defense: Dillman

Posted by: MASTERforge

Humane Pressure Point Self-Defense: Dillman - 10/20/07 04:16 PM

Humane Pressure Point Self-Defense: Dillman Pressure Point Method for Law Enforcement, Medical Personnel, Business Professionals, Men and Women (Paperback)

I have just bought this book and found it to be empty. Its really light on pressure point techniques. There is a little qin na in there.

What I did notice is how much sales technique is in there. I have studied quite a bit regarding sales technique.

The book is all advertising and no substance. There are recommendations by ill-informed people who have PHD's and other professional backgrounds. But they have no knowledge or experience regarding pressure points.

Dillman is pictured with many greats such as Muhammad Ali and Bruce Lee. Its implied they are friends and training partners. I think most of the photo opportunities were taken at book signings when anyone can meet the stars.

My books from Dr Yang Jwing Ming are far more concise. Are there other books out there at this level? I would like to learn this subject much deeper.
Posted by: underdog

Re: Humane Pressure Point Self-Defense: Dillman - 10/21/07 08:14 AM

I agree with you completely both on Master Dillman and Dr. Yang, Jwing Ming. I respect Master Dillman, but you are right about the marketing and shallow content. Part of the problem is history which effects the quality of his productions and to some extent, the content.

As the study of Kyusho in modern applications has grown, so has the availability of better quality teaching products.

I am also a big fan of Master Yang. He is brilliant and a wonderful teacher. I have had the good fortune of being able to study at his seminars in Boston Massachusetts U.S.A. which is where his headquarters are.

I study with Kyusho International. Go to this link http://www.kyusho.com/KItoc2.htm. Click on the products link. For law enforcement, see "Advanced Officer Survival" "Kyusho Gun Techniques" (I own and train from this one) and Tero Laaksonen "Fight and Life". There is also a Kyusho Tactics Course which I have not taken. I've seen the clips from the training. It is for people who have pretty good gun facility. That would be use of the gun not empty handed close range gun defense like the other DVD. The course is a live course covering things like clearing an area etc.

Kyusho International is developing a good section on Law Enforcement and I can't tell you everything about it because since I'm not an LEO, I don't keep up that much on it. Some of the forum sections at Kyusho International are free and don't require membership. Most require membership. See if you can get into the Law Enforcement discussion area and ask there.

I hope this is a start for you and is helpful.
Posted by: winterwarrior

Re: Humane Pressure Point Self-Defense: Dillman - 10/23/07 07:08 PM

Dillman is currently on the non contact, extend the ki without touching someone, course of marketing. Notice he does it with his own people. Not audience members.
Posted by: underdog

Re: Humane Pressure Point Self-Defense: Dillman - 10/24/07 12:04 PM

It has been two maybe three years since I saw Dillman. I saw him up in London Ontario at Steve Stewarts Canadian Martial Arts Camp. I wasn't aware that he was selling anything new.

His newest pursuit has been sound, as far as I know. I wasn't aware that he was selling anything new. I had pretty much all his stuff at one point, then I gave a lot of it away.

If I wanted to learn more about sound, I'd get it from Gary Rooks. It is interesting but for me, I don't see how it would improve my fighting. I have three of Gary Rooks' videos plus his commentary in Kin Ken and Hakutsuru Mei.

I wasn't aware of anything newer than Humane Pressure Point Self-Defense by Dillman that would be useful for L.E.O. work. I'll check his web site and see what he is selling.

If you want to discuss this further, I'd suggest PM me because threads like this attract aggressive rude responses from people who really have no interest in the subject matter.
Posted by: BrianS

Re: Humane Pressure Point Self-Defense: Dillman - 10/24/07 07:42 PM

Quote:

Dillman is currently on the non contact, extend the ki without touching someone, course of marketing. Notice he does it with his own people. Not audience members.

True. This has been done to death really. Everyone knows why it only works on his own people.