Warming the hands

Posted by: fatguy

Warming the hands - 10/18/07 10:16 PM

I recently spoke to someone who mentioned a way to warm the hands and feet by a series of pressure points does anyone know what I'm talking about or how to do it? possibly some resources to consult?
Posted by: underdog

Re: Warming the hands - 10/19/07 06:56 PM

I don't know of any. I was waiting to see if someone would answer who knew the answer that you wanted. Since that didn't happen, why would you need a point(s) since any brisk massage of the area would do the job by increasing circulation?
Posted by: fatguy

Re: Warming the hands - 10/19/07 10:47 PM

hmm.. i never thought of that...
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: Warming the hands - 10/20/07 12:38 AM

I saw something similar Mr. Miyagi did, maybe it's related? : he exhaled deeply into his cupped hands, then slapped his hands together once with force, then rubbed them back and forth for 5 seconds - all of this prior to applying his healing chi to the ailing receipient of his energy - which was an amazed teen wondering how he fixed his damaged shoulder.
Posted by: whitetigerschool

Re: Warming the hands - 06/30/08 05:02 PM

All joking aside, there is a meditation which opens up the heart points (and later others) on the palms of the hands (and later other parts of the body) to induce a tranfer of energy. It is commonly taught in both kyusho-jitsu schools and in Reiki. For more information, write to me at whitetigerschool@lycos.com