Pressure points!

Posted by: timmy

Pressure points! - 08/20/07 03:34 PM

Hi everybody!

I'm new here! I came here to seek information about a martial arts style called, "Kyusho-Jitsu." My friend said that it could knock a person out with a gentle slap if used correctly.

After hearing that, I decided to do some research. I found that it originates from acupuncture and that it doesn't rely on brute strength. I also founded out that it concentrated on pressure points that can cause extreme pain, knock out a person, or just get them into the position you'd like them in.

When I did learn how they did it, I set out on a search for a body chart that would list the vital pressure points used with Kyusho. I didn't find one but I did manage to find an acupuncture chart which is good enough for me. I'm having trouble though. Even with the acupuncture chart, so far I only found a pressure point on the inside of my bicep and tricep on the bone. When I give it a gentle punch, I feel a serious shock through my whole arm to my palm.

I've seen in other Kyusho clips and videos where Kyusho masters knock out a person with just a gentle slap to the cheek or, "Stomach 5" I'd like to know where this stomach 5 is and other vital points because I can't find them myself. I've been poking my jaw side bone for about half an hour now and so far, I don't feel any sensation as of yet.

I apologize for the long explanation, I'm just determined to learn pressure point fighting styles so there's no violence and the fight can end in less than 10 seconds. I also forgot to mention, this is for self defense. I have no intentions of hurting, killing, or doing perma damage to anyone. I just merely want to knock them out, or get them in a painful but not damaging hold where I can try to reason with them.

Thank you for your time.
Posted by: shadowkahn

Re: Pressure points! - 08/20/07 03:58 PM

Quote:

Even with the acupuncture chart, so far I only found a pressure point on the inside of my bicep and tricep on the bone. When I give it a gentle punch, I feel a serious shock through my whole arm to my palm.

Pressure points require the proper angle and direction in order to be activated. For instance, you can whack your funny bone all day long but unless you get the proper angle/direction it won't so much as tingle.

Quote:

I'd like to know where this stomach 5 is and other vital points because I can't find them myself. I've been poking my jaw side bone for about half an hour now and so far, I don't feel any sensation as of yet.

OK, in the first place, it can be dangerous to screw around with pressure points without a qualified instructor around. Let's say you manage to find a knockout point on yourself. If you knock yourself out and hit your head on the floor as you fall. . .

Additionally some pressure points can shock the internal organs - -you dont' want to be doing that randomly or alone.

Quote:

I apologize for the long explanation, I'm just determined to learn pressure point fighting styles

That's great, because PP's are a fascinating branch of the martial arts. But you really need more than an internet forum can provide. You should also be aware that there isn't really a PP fighting style - -i.e. one that only uses PP's. PP's are effective when used in combination with other techniques. If you try to hunt out PP's without knowing any other techniques, you'll get pounded.

Quote:

so there's no violence and the fight can end in less than 10 seconds.

By definition you cannot have a fight without violence. Ending it in 10 seconds is an admirable goal. I encourage you to look up a qualified SCARS instructor for a more realistic way to pull this off. They'll teach you the fight strategy known as RAT fighting (rapid assault tactics - -hey, the military loves its acronymns) in which you'll learn how to enter a fight, how to apply and keep pressure on in the fight, and how to terminate the fight without a bunch of pointless punching around.
Posted by: timmy

Re: Pressure points! - 08/20/07 04:06 PM

Thanks for the heads up shadowkahn! I'm not really trying to learn it online, I'm just doing some research on it before I actually do it. I'm now off to find a kyusho dojo.

Anybody know of one in San Jose, California?
Posted by: jpoor

Re: Pressure points! - 08/20/07 07:07 PM

There are a couple of CA instructors listed on the Kyusho International website.
Posted by: underdog

Re: Pressure points! - 08/20/07 07:31 PM

St 5 is located on the bottom jaw (mandible) about half way back. On the lower edge, you should feel a hole. Look in the line below the outer edge of the eye. That is stomach 5. You can palm your own down and in and feel a buzz. Before you hit someone else, get an instructor. You should never do any harm that you don't know how to fix.

Re: Pressure points! - 08/20/07 07:32 PM

If you look on the "beginner KO" thread, the link on the thread has some beginner KOs. The first one is done with stomach 5 as the third strike.
Posted by: chunky_chicken

Re: Pressure points! - 08/20/07 10:44 PM

if you want to know PP based schools go here:

http://www.dillman.com/schools.asp

that is a list of every dillman affiliated school in the country. so yeah, look under CA, and see if anything is close to you. PP arts certainly are really fun to learn, and very effective. so good luck in your MA journey.

-ET

Re: Pressure points! - 08/21/07 07:45 AM

Here are the KI schools http://kyusho.com/instructors.htm. I don't know what is close for you. There is also on-line at Kyusho.com.

Re: Pressure points! - 08/21/07 07:47 AM

You can also network with people at http://www.kyushospace.com. You can blog and ask people what they are studying, with whom and how they like it.