In need of an easy arm PP

Posted by: Euphoria

In need of an easy arm PP - 08/20/07 03:40 AM

I'm only really on a beginner level as of now, and i'm looking for some easy arm PP's to perform on my partner.

Trying to learn a little more about arm PP's as well.

Anyone?

~Riku
Posted by: underdog

Re: In need of an easy arm PP - 08/20/07 07:47 AM

Try P2 (pericardium 2). Find it on the map at any of the PP charts in the links on a separate thread in this forum. Punch it straight in and in between the heads of the bicept muscle in the upper part of the upper arm. Take turns throwing hook punches to each other while the other person tries to punch this point. Go easy. It doesn't take much. When you get hit with it, you should feel a tingle right down to your fingers. In sparring, go harder and uke's hand will jerk up and away in pain leaving him undefended for a second unless he knows it is coming. Even if you know it is coming, the cumulative effect after a few good hits is to not want to strike with that arm again.

Try it and post back telling us how it went.
Posted by: Euphoria

Re: In need of an easy arm PP - 08/20/07 03:46 PM

Thanks, i'll try that!

~Riku
Posted by: chunky_chicken

Re: In need of an easy arm PP - 08/20/07 10:54 PM

another is H2(heart 2). it is located on the inside of the arm between the bicep and tricep muscles, and its not too far from the elbow. again, consult a chart for a more exact position. but if you strike it, you will feel your entire arm tingle. and if you use a finger to press it, it will be pretty effective.

but the best way is to learn from a teacher, so find one if you dont already have one.

-ET
Posted by: Skeea

Re: In need of an easy arm PP - 09/07/07 10:18 PM

If you're into locks and throws, use LI 10-11. It's about three fingers down from the elbow on the inside of the muscle. When hit, it causes pain and bends the knee, which is useful for all sorts of things.
Posted by: whitetigerschool

Re: In need of an easy arm PP - 07/01/08 08:04 PM

Try striking the points on the inside of the arm toward you and those on the outside of the arm away from you. This is a good starting point for most people. The rest is trial and error...or you could ask more questions. Been doing PP for a VERY long time. Drop me a line at whitetigerschool@lycos.com for more specifics.