beginner KOs

Posted by: underdog

beginner KOs - 07/31/07 09:23 AM

Log on to this site and click on the video. I don't know how long it will be on the front page.

http://www.kyushospace.com/

Here are a sample of beginner KOs that I have done over the course of a few years. In order to qualify for practitioner level in Evan Pantazi's organization, Kyusho International, the student must have clips like these from live audience seminars. The first was done in Cd Juarez in Mexico. The uke, unfortunately, felt the effects for a couple of weeks after. This is surprising because I was hitting as lightly as I could. The second was in Peabody Massachusetts USA. It was planned like these beginner KO are allowed to be but when uke moves for real, you have to be prepared to strike different targets. The last was in the Alps in France. That was 5 months before I actually tested. Uke was "out" after the first strike but I wasn't sure so I hit him again. That is why everyone is laughing.

Evan actually prepared this clip for me as a congratulatory acknowledgement. He knew it has been my goal for as long as I've been in Kyusho to earn my way into his class. When I first saw it, I cried. One doesn't expect a lot of acknowledgement from a macho organization like a martial arts organization but gosh when it comes, it is sweet.

While you are on the Kyusho Space site looking at this video, you can check out my profile and my 2 blogss, and those of any other pressure point practitioner registered on Kyusho space.

You can also sign up yourself!
Posted by: MattJ

Re: beginner KOs - 07/31/07 09:47 AM

Congrats, Rosanne. Those were some big hits!
Posted by: jamesd

Re: beginner KOs - 08/11/07 07:10 AM

Hi Underdog,

I bet your Grandchildren won't misbehave after seeing you in action! regards,

James.

Re: beginner KOs - 08/11/07 07:15 AM

Thanks. The oldest of the grandkids is only 7 and he would greatly misbehave if he saw this stuff. His mom is a black belt so I'll let her decide when he should get started.
Posted by: Neko456

Re: beginner KOs - 08/12/07 10:48 PM

Was each strike a concentrated breath strike or were you just hitting the points I notice that you hit 2-3 points one after the other. As you mentioned you were not aware that they were out on there feet.

I know you can hit harder but was the strikes mind and breath concentrated or was it just meridan point hitting. I noticed on the last guy you rushed to setup revieval techinques, he was laid out looked like a 240-260lb der. Excellent display of Koshou-jujitsu.

Re: beginner KOs - 08/13/07 08:25 AM

In the first one, I knew exactly what I was going to hit and so did uke. There was no motion on Alberto's part. I hadn't done a PUBLIC KO in a couple of years and I just wanted to keep things simple for myself. I hit three points. St 36, St 25 and St 5. They were VERY light. You can see my hand drop totally relaxed.

The second and third were from planned attacks. There was predictable motion on uke's part, however, the targets hit were not the ones that I predicted would present. Uke didn't actually move the way I thought he would once hit. There was some thinking on the move.

The second KO was light. The third was too heavy for practice. I took a lot of grief for that one from my people at school when I got back from France. Jeff was very good about it and says he'll still volunteer for me anytime. I've done that attack since then MUCH lighter and better.

I look forward now to continuing my studies and maybe posting a clip in a couple of years with this new phase of study. This old dog is still learning new tricks.
Posted by: vingaard

Re: beginner KOs - 08/20/07 08:55 AM

Maybe i be the victim next time Rosanne. I have reading a bit here and im impressed of the work you do here..as in kyusho.com

http.//www.kyushospace.com/harald
www.kyusho-norway.com

Re: beginner KOs - 08/20/07 02:10 PM

Greetings Harald! Nice to have you around. Looking forward to reading fine quality posts from you. Maybe some day I'll get to Norway, or at least again to Europe and meet you face to face. I can't get the dates off to go to Barcelona this year but maybe I'll get to go to IKC in Italy in 2008. Maybe I'll see you there?
Posted by: vingaard

Re: beginner KOs - 08/20/07 04:16 PM

I was hoping to meet you in Barcelona Rosanne but i understand its a difficult time of year to get off,..but we meet in Italy 2008,i will be there.
If you could smuggle yourself into Evans baggage you could join the seminar we are about to have in Norway.

...see you here and of course in the KI Forum
Harald

www.kyusho-norway.com