Overall best KO point

Posted by: Dai

Overall best KO point - 12/09/06 07:32 PM

What would the best overall place or PP to strike to knock out someone?
I'm guessing its somewhere on the head or neck, but I would like the #'s of a few good ones.
Posted by: Chen Zen

Re: Overall best KO point - 12/09/06 10:18 PM

The tip of the chin, whatever number that is.
Posted by: student_of_life

Re: Overall best KO point - 12/10/06 07:15 PM

the trigger on a tazer, or a ninja
Posted by: underdog

Re: Overall best KO point - 12/11/06 09:13 AM

Your contribution is neither funny nor contributory and it inhibits people from asking legitimate questions. So, student of life- Did you have a point? If not, please stay off this forum and let that be one of your "lessons" student.

Re: Overall best KO point - 12/11/06 09:15 AM

Dai- you are a long way off, maturationally and in your martial arts study to even consider the question of how to knock someone out.

Re: Overall best KO point - 12/11/06 09:40 AM

ooooh. Get em! So, Underdog,# for the tip of the chin perhaps?

Re: Overall best KO point - 12/11/06 09:49 AM

sorry about that bud

i guess my point would be that teh ability to knock someone out with a pp strike is something that takes a heck of a lot of skill to pull off. i know this is a long dead argument in the pp section, im just sayin is all.

i don't know the numbers of any to tell the truth. the ones i know of are, the crothid sinus, located on either side of the neck, behind the crothid artery. i've been hit there befor, and out like a light.

dosen't the jaw, when pushed back back a hit on the chin pinch off the vegas nerve or something? either way the theory is that they tell the heart that theres a huge spike in blood presure, so the heart stops beating momentarially to lessen the percived spike, then the brain looses conciousness.

those are the only i know for an instant ko, the vegas and the crorhid sinus. both are on the neck. sorry i don't know the numbers.

yours in life

Re: Overall best KO point - 12/11/06 06:35 PM

Your apology is accepted. Now go look up the CORRECT location of the point Stomach 9 (St 9). Post back explaining how to find it and compare it's location to the carotid sinus. Then we'll talk about striking and grappling applications.

Re: Overall best KO point - 12/11/06 09:27 PM

ok, to clear up one thing here now my man, i don't buy into the number system for preasure point striking. i know alot of people use it and love it to death, but i don't like it at all.

my expirence with preasure points is fairly limited, mostly limited to reading the bubushi, and other texts and a few hours with some high ranking instructors in my style.

a while ago i gave up on aiming for spefic points on the opponent to inflict damage, after studies on the human body, limited traditional chinease medicine study, and some stress testing, i simply attack weak spots on the body, joints, ligiments, nerves. there are more weak points on the body then strong ones.

i might not be the most qualfied person concerning the numbering of correct points, i just keep it simple and from time to time i make a joke.

and honestly, the correct number of what ever nerve does not keep me up at night, ive been knocked out befor in the described way, and i've put out a few lights too.

yours in life
Posted by: crablord

Re: Overall best KO point - 12/12/06 02:02 AM

this seems an appropriate time to say "moo"

Re: Overall best KO point - 12/12/06 09:13 AM

Wrong time and place Crab.
Posted by: crablord

Re: Overall best KO point - 12/12/06 10:26 AM

time for stupid tax again

Re: Overall best KO point - 12/12/06 02:15 PM

Why do you guys post? You are way too advanced for this forum. This forum is for people who are still learning and who want to help each other out along the way. I don't think you should waist your time here.
Posted by: Ted_Karate

Re: Overall best KO point - 12/19/06 02:28 PM

Im guessing the best pp's are the temples (the bits just above your eye on the side of your head ) no clue what number it is...but its where you should aim with a backfist.

Ted
Posted by: Crash

Re: Overall best KO point - 12/21/06 07:31 PM

As Chen said, the chin is the way to go.
Posted by: Gavin

Re: Overall best KO point - 12/22/06 04:09 AM

Yeah Ok, chin is a good a target as any. But the chin alone can be broken down into 5 angles of attack. The uppercut is probably the most inefficient. Try this little experiment. Have a friend put their index finger on sticky out bit of chin, so their finger slots in nicely inbetween the chin and the lip. Now have them make a loose fist and give you a little tap in and down. Get them to increase the strength of the tap 'til you free a jolt. It won't take a lot. Start using a slight over hand cross to attack at this angle and your crosses effectiveness will go through the roof. Also, on yourself, try giving yourself a little jolt just to either the right or left hand sides of the jawline near the chin. Play around with a angles and you'll soon find that you'll get the same sort of jolt that you do with the in and down angle. The straight in and also the upward angle are great but require a lot more force to get the same results. I'd rather use a lot more force and get even better results using the better angles.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Overall best KO point - 12/22/06 10:30 AM

Oww! Gavin, you made me hurt myself.
(good pointers, though)
Posted by: GeeMac

Re: Overall best KO point - 01/16/07 06:02 PM

GB 20, if you can get to it.
Posted by: wristtwister

Re: Overall best KO point - 01/16/07 07:22 PM

Just a sidelight, but if you're hitting GB-20, you can smack the maxillary plexus dead on... with any force at all, it's lights out... it's what a hook punch is designed for...

Posted by: Hawks01

Re: Overall best KO point - 01/23/07 12:53 PM

I would say Stomach 5 on the jaw or Galbladder cluster just off to the side of the forehead. I would warn that you really need to set either of these points by striking different points on the body first.

Dont try this without proper supervised PP training first!!!!!

Re: Overall best KO point - 01/23/07 04:22 PM

St 5 will always be one of my favorites. GB cluster on the forehead is curious. I've done that KO but as of yet, I can only get it on a cooperative person and not in motion. I use it in grappling without the KO. Other goodies are GB 20, St 6 and there is a miscelaneous point above St 6 that someone here posted on once. I've come to like that one a lot too. Mental foramen is also very good. Hitting Gb 1 with TW 23 is another one I've come to like a lot recently.
Posted by: sunchips

Re: Overall best KO point - 02/12/07 02:18 AM

if i am ask, what is your point for the ko? are you talking competition or actual fight? Cause for me i dont care about going for ko, i go for temporary paralysis and walk away while the other cant move, o well, thats my 2c

Re: Overall best KO point - 02/12/07 06:35 AM

In my school, we train the light touch KO. I realize that most of the forum readers think this is outrageous and that is just how it is. My school is affiliated with Kyusho International, and as I see it from attending their seminars, the Dillman Karate International people are the same.

The objective would be to use the light touch KO in self defense. The skilled practitioner would be able to defend himself successfully while causing no marks or injury to the assailant. The result you describe as your objective, actually sounds like a stage 1 or 2 KO. That is as hard as we train.

Additionally, we use pressure points to facilitate moves in grappling and tuite where no KO would be involved.

This is a diverse forum not dominated by one affiliation. Of course your 2 cents has value and stands on it's own. Enjoy the forum. With whom do you train? What system?
Posted by: sunchips

Re: Overall best KO point - 02/15/07 12:25 AM

I am currently looking for a dojo as I have just moved a short while ago, and I do kyokushin, its been in my family. And sorry if i seem to be pushing my opinions on others.

Re: Overall best KO point - 02/15/07 11:07 AM

You're fine. You weren't pushy. Rereading my post, I was probably supersensative due to being ill. I can see it now. Sorry. Post away.
Posted by: ExCon

Re: Overall best KO point - 03/02/07 08:16 PM

If by best you mean highest percentage or another way of saying it, the point that works most often for most people, I’d say the chin/jaw is tops and although the solar plexus may not technically count as a KO point, it deserves honorable mention.
Posted by: Curly

Re: Overall best KO point - 03/05/07 03:02 PM

Could you maybe provide a link to some of these points? I study Shorin-Ryu Karate and don't get much training with KO and pressure points. According to Zenpo, the current top Shorin-Ryu master, "If I apply enough pressure to any point in your body, you will fall". Thats about all the pressure point info I know of

Re: Overall best KO point - 03/05/07 06:35 PM

click on pp resources and maps which is a thumb tack thread on this forum and you will find many.
Posted by: savaged

Re: Overall best KO point - 03/19/07 12:31 PM

hey i know a few good spots for ko's but first u need to be very quick and accurate. the side of the neck directly below the ear is a good one to start with. hitting some one in the larynx is also a sure fire way to see them rolling around on the floor but this can cause a lot of damage and possible death so don't make a habit of using it. and as said above the chin is a good one particularly with an uppercut.i know some of these arnt necceseraly pp's but they work for ko's i know from experience

Re: Overall best KO point - 03/19/07 06:40 PM

They ARE pressure points, or clusters of points.

Re: Overall best KO point - 03/21/07 05:28 AM

found another last night while training! Almost blacked out!
back of the head base of the skull where the neck muscle joins
hit upwards in a 45 degree angle. my friend did it while sparing to counter a hook i swung at him he moved to the side and 'wack' ouch!
Posted by: Barad

Re: Overall best KO point - 03/21/07 09:37 AM

That would be gall bladder 20 point...

Re: Overall best KO point - 03/21/07 10:10 AM

If it is Gb 20 that is fine. I use it a lot. Just make sure you know the revivals in case you do KO someone. From your description, it could also be UB 10 and I don't play with that one intentionally. Too dangerous. I tap it lightly for testing and teaching purposes but never actually hit it with intent.

Re: Overall best KO point - 03/21/07 10:24 AM

so where exactly is ub10 so i can avoid lol! i get confused wi all the numbers.
Posted by: Paulol

Re: Overall best KO point - 03/21/07 11:18 AM

the leathal ko power of gb20 is a little over rated.

in my experience it really depends on the person you are hitting. some people go down like a sack of spuds and curp up into a ball. others just get dizzy, others just get the tingle and more just don't feel anything.

also the more a person gets hit in this point the more they build up a resistance to it. i've never seen anyone get ko'd from it, that i have full faith in anyway.

Re: Overall best KO point - 03/21/07 11:30 AM

i think GB19 is sposed to b better

Re: Overall best KO point - 03/21/07 04:02 PM

Quote:

i think GB19 is sposed to b better

it's one that i don't use myself, but if you get results then thats great.

i prefer ones on the front and side of the neck like st-9 or tw-16

Re: Overall best KO point - 03/21/07 05:21 PM

UB 10 is 1.3 cun lateral to DU 10 which is on the spine just under the middle of the back of the neck under the skull. It is in the depression on the lateral side of the trapezius muscle. It is closer to the middle and higher than Gb 20. The risk is wacking someone on the cervical spine.

My very first KO ever was a hit to Gb 20 from a hammer lock set up. Uke felt it all the way to the toes. I still like the spot.

Personally, I don't have a preference to which side/aspect of the head/neck I like to hit. I practice going around a Bob manikin with sinewali boxing drills but with elbows and all the other legal MA strikes. I hit points with correct angle and direction left and right hands etc. and that way, I figure I am better prepared. Uke determines where I hit, not my preferences.

Re: Overall best KO point - 03/21/07 05:27 PM

Quote:

Uke determines where I hit, not my preferences.

which is how it should be! but if you are gonna use pressure points yo umust have full faith in them working.

practice must be based on real pressure testing your drills against various levels of resistance. but i'm sure you work on this already.