Submissive Pressure Points

Posted by: Kage_Meijin

Submissive Pressure Points - 12/02/06 01:17 AM

Does anyone know of pressure points used to either temporarily disable or submiss your opponent. If anyone knows about any points like this or related to it, I would appreciate it if you would post them here. Thanks!

edit for spelling
Posted by: underdog

Re: Submussive Pressure Points - 12/02/06 08:04 AM

Can you put it into a context? Do you want to submit them from a mount? ... from what position or against what attack? There are many points which applied one way or another, could make someone tap out.

Re: Submussive Pressure Points - 12/02/06 03:25 PM

Some points that can be used in a "sneak attack" sort of fashion. Or possibly just some general points that can be used in a variety of situaions. I hope this helps.

Re: Submussive Pressure Points - 12/02/06 04:28 PM

Here is a link to a PP of the week started by Gavin. http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/s...=4#Post15778510 Try this one. It has a high reader rating. Gb 20 is one of my favorites. It is the point I used for my first light touch KO. I used it together with a tuite technique (hammer lock) that had uke buckled over making Gb 20 very accessable. (In my school, we're not into a lot of TCM stuff. We go after "Cycle of availability"). The touch was very light, as it should be. I was, after all, hitting someone I liked and who was doing me a favor, in the neck. His legs shot out and he said he felt it all the way down the meridian into the feet. Read the thread. I use Gb 20 for striking, for manipulating a person's posture in grappling. Enjoy.

Re: Submussive Pressure Points - 12/02/06 05:15 PM

Cool! Thanks a lot. By the way, what type of art do you do?

Re: Submussive Pressure Points - 12/03/06 04:39 AM

Officially, what I do is called American-Te. It has roots in Kempo (Nick Cerio), AMOK (Tom Sotis) Shotokan, Juijitsu and Kyusho (Evan Pantazi) Additionally, I study at Yang Jwing Ming's school in Jamaica Plain because he teaches all the stuff I'm not good at so it is a perfect match. That would be Qin-Na and push hands.
Posted by: KempoBJJ6

Re: Submussive Pressure Points - 01/24/07 12:19 AM

my teacher used that on me one time it works very nicely its alot of fun in the sun