Who is going to KI international conference

Posted by: underdog

Who is going to KI international conference - 10/10/06 04:51 PM

I've never been to Europe before. I'm going to the KI international conference in Thonon-Evian France the first week in November. Are there any other pressure point people out there going? It would be nice to meet up with other fighting arts folks and maybe train together.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Who is going to KI international conference - 10/10/06 06:50 PM

Sounds like fun! Take some pictures for us.
Posted by: Gavin

Re: Who is going to KI international conference - 10/11/06 03:54 AM

Unfortunately I'm already booked on a shiatsu seminar. Have fun though. If your anywhere on the coast I'm only about a 45 mile swim from France if you fancy a quick dip and popping over for a training session! Have a great time!

Re: Who is going to KI international conference - 10/17/06 05:38 PM

I can't sneak in a swim across the sleeve. I'm on the other side of France near the Geneva airport. I will try to get some pictures. I actually need to video some light touch KOs as this is required for my study level in Evan Pantazi's study system (Kyusho International). I will be bringing my camera so I can do this, and take shots back to my coach. If you want pictures, and I can figure out how to do so, maybe I'll post something.

Re: Who is going to KI international conference - 11/06/06 09:33 PM

I'm back. What an invigorating experience. There were people there from all over the world. The conference was in France near Geneva. Now there are people out there who are looking for a formal introduction to pressure points. Something like this would be perfect. There were beginner, advanced and instructor levels on different topics. Point location and applications were discussed. Some of you guys looking for instruction in "this forum is dead" should find an event like this and go. Events like this give a beginner proper point location without overwhelming you with theory. You get hands on supervised practice using what you are just learning and guidance to apply it in the techniques from your home style. What ever your style is, there was probably someone there who practices it too or something very similar. If you are not getting qualified PP instruction and want to attend at least a seminar, why not post where you are from and then maybe Gav or I or some of the other more experienced folks who post in this section can refer you to an instructor or seminar.