Im new to this pressure point stuff

Posted by: PPstudentjoe

Im new to this pressure point stuff - 08/08/06 02:22 PM

Hey everyone my name is Joe and I have ben reading up on pressure point fighting for quite sometime, I'll give you some basic information im 14 am 5 feet 10 and a half inches and weigh 140 143ish Im not sure my scale might be a little off but like I said i've ben studying it but havent gotten around to training I'm here to ask what should i start doing to begin training or find more information on it.I havent found much out about it, any information will be helpful or how I even get into it.I live in hudson wisconsin and the martial arts here sucks we have a USA karate and i was thinking of joining just to spar with people but i dont know any information or advice you could give me would be helpful, and some people say im to old to start wit hmartial arts is that true also?
Posted by: underdog

Re: Im new to this pressure point stuff - 08/08/06 09:06 PM

You are not too old to start. Your age is probably close to optimal in the opinion of some. Pressure points are a bit off in the future for you. If you are just beginning your martial arts study, find a school, which I realize is going to be limited by geographical availability until you can arrange your own transportation. Learn the basics. Then when you have basic skills, as manifested by a black belt, or your instructor's permission, then you can go work pressure points WITH a qualified pressure point instructor. Mark Gridley is teaching in Milwaukee. There are others if you know where to look for them. When the time comes, your instructor can help you too.
Posted by: crablord

Re: Im new to this pressure point stuff - 08/16/06 02:10 AM

your never too old! I started karate when i was 14, and we have people up to 50 coming in as white belts. Pressure points are a bit out of your league right now, but when you get better they will become a possibility
Posted by: wristtwister

Re: Im new to this pressure point stuff - 08/16/06 08:26 PM

Pressure points are not a substitute for fighting skills... they are a supplement to them.

Re: Im new to this pressure point stuff - 08/17/06 03:27 AM

good point

Re: Im new to this pressure point stuff - 08/17/06 10:46 AM

Ya I no I use to think it was its own type of fighting, but while i was having problems signing in I didnt look at this site I learned it wasnt by reading books and suck I've recently joined Karate with my best friend and our sensi has ben training us sense theyre arnt many beginner adults( were not adults, but it cuts off at age 14 which we are) I so far went to one class and loved it I have another tonight and cant wait. Thank you for all your replys next time I can read them a little quicker, well at least i learned a lesson isnt that what the martial arts all about?

Re: Im new to this pressure point stuff - 08/19/06 07:51 AM

haha good to hear, wait til you go up a few belts, wont like it so much then btw, where do you go for training?

Re: Im new to this pressure point stuff - 08/23/06 02:26 AM

I g o to U.S.A Karate people say its crappy, and the ydon't teach you a thing, but I have gotte nalot out of it in only 3 training sessions my instructor a third degree black belt in ju jitsu is very nice, and i have very high respect for her, I think martial arts is liek eevrythign you want to learn if you don't want to you never will, but if you do you'll get alot out of it wrestling I failed at because i never lisened same with football, but less then because all I had to do was tackle people, but i never lisened to plays, but karate shes got my full attention, I just got my white belt yesterday, Im excited to keep on going and any tips on anything to do with training or anything just PM me or post here thank you.