Where was he hit?

Posted by: steelwater

Where was he hit? - 08/03/06 12:07 AM

I got the honor of watching the ridiculously secretive black belt class the other day. My instructor was teaching pressure points, but because of my presence he was not going into depth. Because I was actually doing computer work, I didn't get to see much, but this is what I did see.

My instructor was demonstrating what he said was an easy pressure point to hit, without needing too much technical know how, just the ability to sidestep/angle/whatever, and a good fast front kick. He told the student to do whatever he wanted to try and stop him. The student threw a right hook. My instructor (almost blindingly fast) parried and grabbed on to the student's arm with his right hand, angled to his left, lowered his body to pull the student down popped him on the underside of his arm, on the side of the elbow closest to his body. The student immediately dropped down and said that he couldn't feel his arm. After seeing that the student was ok, he said that particular pressure point was used in the application of a technique at the beginning of Heian Nidan. I'm guessing it's the "c-block" technique. He then saw I was paying too much attention and asked me to hurry up. What pressure point was this he was hitting? It appears to be very effective.
Posted by: underdog

Re: Where was he hit? - 08/03/06 08:08 AM

I can't tell from your description but if you log on to acuxo.com, you can probably find it yourself. There are plenty of accupuncture point maps so the secret information really isn't secret to THAT particular detail. Curious- who is your teacher?
Posted by: steelwater

Re: Where was he hit? - 08/03/06 10:18 AM

I'll tell you in PM. I don't know if he'd like me saying telling his name over the internet because he's a somewhat secretive guy.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Where was he hit? - 08/03/06 12:00 PM

Sounds like he may have been hit in the "funny bone" ie; the radial or ulnar nerve in the elbow. Very painful when hit.
Posted by: Gavin

Re: Where was he hit? - 08/03/06 12:48 PM

Quote:

Sounds like he may have been hit in the "funny bone"

Oooooo ark at who's become a little PP expert all of a sudden! Yep I'll agree with Matt is definately the "funny bone". Ideal follow up points to this are the "Silly Bone", "Highly Amusing Bone" and "Mildly depressing bone"!
Posted by: Paulol

Re: Where was he hit? - 08/15/06 05:23 PM

sounds more like a heart point to me??

if it dropped the guy like that then the heart points that run down the inside of the arm to the elbow are quite effective on everyone!!
Posted by: KJ63

Re: Where was he hit? - 09/09/06 10:10 AM

Right Paulol... From the discription it sounds like heart 2.