Pressure point of the week returns!!! (perhaps?)

Posted by: Shi Miao Zun

Pressure point of the week returns!!! (perhaps?) - 06/14/06 08:39 AM

The pressure point of the week threads which Gavin was writing were great. However as they do take time to write it is too much to ask for Gavin to do them all. They are a great resource for martial artists and those interested in pressure point fighting but they do take time to do.

Therefore, i propose that those of you with knowlage worth sharing should step up to the mark and write a pressure point of the week. I am therefore asking for volunteers to put their names down in this thread for the weeks to come and at the same time put down which point they are going to consider. I should have made a list of the points already covered but i am hoping that Gavin might do that, (sorry Gavin). I think it would be best to use the format that gavin has already used as we all know where we are then.

So, please if you do have a favorite pressure point please pick a week and a pressure point and write about it, even if your information is not complete it is ok to have a go as others can add in any additional details.

Once again,
1. Pick a week, (19th of June is week 25.)
2. Pick a point, (check it has not been done before)
3. Write about it and post it, (correct week please)
4. Bask in your greatness

Kind regards,

Sam

ps, If you don't comit to write one here, people will think you have no idea about PPs and never beleive anything you say ever again which would be a shame .

pps, this post is very compeling and persuasive in case you did not realise so get writing.
Posted by: Gavin

Re: Pressure point of the week returns!!! (perhap - 06/14/06 11:02 AM

Great idea Sam! Here are the points I've covered thus far:

GB20
LI10
BL57
GB31
ST6
CV14
ST9
SP10
TW17
GV16
Posted by: underdog

Re: Pressure point of the week returns!!! (perhaps?) - 06/15/06 09:49 AM

I already did Mental foramen and in answering someone else's post, I did Taiyang (temple). I'll take St 12 unless someone else wants it. I can get it out within a few days. I am off this weekend.
Posted by: Shi Miao Zun

Re: Pressure point of the week returns!!! (perhaps?) - 06/18/06 05:25 PM

That is great Underdog, where is everyone else? Or doesnt anyone else have any idea about pressure points on this forum?!?

I will do one in a week or so but have not decided which one yet.

Kind regards,

Sam
Posted by: Kosh

Re: Pressure point of the week returns!!! (perhap - 06/19/06 09:45 AM

Well, I could, but my "qualifications" aren`t as high as the others. And I`ve never done anything like this. But, I`d take Lu 5, and if I`ll miss something others can add to it.
I can do it after a week or two.

Re: Pressure point of the week returns!!! (perhap - 06/19/06 01:49 PM

Go for it. It doesn't have to be a book chapter, just an informed START to get experimentation and discussion going so that we can all learn from each other.
Posted by: TeaLSoNiC

Re: Pressure point of the week returns!!! (perhap - 09/18/06 11:10 AM

St11, i know 12 has been done but i really would like to know the proper angles/forces for max results in st11... maybe instead of pp of the week you can do a string of 3 or so pps in one meridian?

Re: Pressure point of the week returns!!! (perhap - 09/18/06 12:18 PM

I like st11 for 2 reasons. (1) I am completely insensative to it and it freaks people out. I LOVE to watch their pained expressions as they dig 1 then 2 then 3 fingers deep into St 11 and I continue to talk and breath normally. (2) because it works on everyone else.

It seems to work best as a "cross" technique. Take your right hand into the right St 11 of uke. Enter from the sternal notch in the middle. With palm down, take your middle finger and hook BEHIND the big lump of bone that is there just off center for the clavicle. Press into the bone and down in a kind of circular motion.

I use it as a defense from a close in grab. The other hand will do what the other hand needs to do according to the grab but countering the action of the attacking hand is nice. If the St. 11 is right handed, for example, grab around the back of the waist with the left or around the back of either shoulder, whatever you can reach with the right. If possible, add a right to right leg sweep with your hamstrings or strike with the hamstrings by straightening out that leg. Now Play.
Posted by: MAngelo

Re: Pressure point of the week returns!!! (perhap - 09/21/06 01:01 AM

Just to say - I reeaaly miss Gavin's PPotW- glad to see this re-started.
:thumbs up:
Posted by: Gavin

Re: Pressure point of the week returns!!! (perhap - 09/21/06 06:40 AM

Quote:

Just to say - I reeaaly miss Gavin's PPotW- glad to see this re-started.
:thumbs up:

For old times sake I've just done a new one!