Looking for PP on thighs, other persons gaurd pos.

Posted by: Diabolic

Looking for PP on thighs, other persons gaurd pos. - 03/13/06 11:49 PM

Your on your knees and your opp has you in his gaurd position on his back. He has a tight lock on you and you are having a hell of a time breaking it. Wear should you dig your elbows on his thighs to break the gaurd?
Posted by: Gavin

Re: Looking for PP on thighs, other persons gaurd - 03/14/06 05:53 AM

Right I've deleted out the original replies to this thread as they add nothing to the discussion of this subject.

Diabolic - I am the mod of this forum, publicly flail another mod in my forum again and I assure you that I'll delete anything you post here.

Quote:

Your on your knees and your opp has you in his gaurd position on his back. He has a tight lock on you and you are having a hell of a time breaking it. Wear should you dig your elbows on his thighs to break the gaurd?

Right, unpleastness over.....Breaking guard it is better to rely on good technique rather result to PP tricks. I'd speak to your instructor and ask for tips. PP's are not a substitute for good technique. Having said that have play at passing guard digging into Spleen Meridian. Spleen 12 can be very potent.

Have fun,

Gav

Re: Looking for PP on thighs, other persons gaurd - 03/14/06 04:53 PM

Thank you.
I was sparring with someone and they dug their elbows near the location you pointed out to me, that is why I wanted to know because it hurt more then usual.
Posted by: eyrie

Re: Looking for PP on thighs, other persons gaurd - 03/14/06 05:51 PM

And if you look at your anatomy reference, you'll see that the lower half of the spleen meridian from the inguinal crease runs along the femoral nerve!
Posted by: Gavin

Re: Looking for PP on thighs, other persons gaurd - 03/15/06 05:08 AM

Eyrie....behave!!!
Posted by: eyrie

Re: Looking for PP on thighs, other persons gaurd - 03/15/06 06:26 PM

Well, Gav... you can't fault me for being helpful.

Re: Looking for PP on thighs, other persons gaurd - 03/16/06 07:00 PM

Posted by: Derik

Re: Looking for PP on thighs, other persons gaurd pos. - 03/19/06 10:14 PM

Quote:

stand up straight with your hands down at your sides make a fist bring them stiraght out and hit where your hands where. thats the only one i can think of commonly known as a charly horse
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Looking for PP on thighs, other persons gaurd pos. - 03/20/06 12:28 AM

Problem:
Quote:

Your on your knees and your opp has you in his gaurd position on his back. He has a tight lock on you and you are having a hell of a time breaking it

Solution:
Quote:

stand up straight

DAYYUUUMMMM, why didn't I think of that.
Posted by: Derik

Re: Looking for PP on thighs, other persons gaurd pos. - 03/21/06 05:58 PM

Quote:

Problem:
Quote:

Your on your knees and your opp has you in his gaurd position on his back. He has a tight lock on you and you are having a hell of a time breaking it

Solution:
Quote:

stand up straight

DAYYUUUMMMM, why didn't I think of that.

maby you should read what i said instead of trying to make me look stupid. I was showing him where it is and thats the eaisest way to find it once you find it by doing that you can do in while your grappling im not going to say go 7 inches down your thigh and 2 over i gave a easy way to find it.

Re: Looking for PP on thighs, other persons gaurd pos. - 03/21/06 08:48 PM

Hehe. Thanks for your input. I cant strike in my grappling class, but I put hella strong pressure w/ my elbows near that area and they almost always break their gaurd now.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Looking for PP on thighs, other persons gaurd pos. - 03/22/06 12:34 AM

I apologize for mis-interpretting your suggestion.