Best PP for a Rib attack?

Posted by: The_Black_Viper

Best PP for a Rib attack? - 03/12/06 10:42 AM

Ok, I've been wondering for a while about this.

What PP would be more useful in a fight and what effects could it have on the 'defender' who has just recovered from cracked ribs?
Posted by: underdog

Re: Best PP for a Rib attack? - 03/12/06 11:38 AM

Curious question from a new comer. Welcome to PP forum. It is hard to answer without knowing your intent.

I've had my rib broken from martial arts once. I can not imagine trying to defend in a serious fight in that condition. It is hard to imagine that a person so injured, would start a fight. That was my first reading of your post.

Do you mean practicing with someone with a broken rib? I think a person practicing with a healing rib fracture, and I did, should avoid contact. For 6 weeks, you practice lightly and don't aggrevate the injury. That is a good time to watch training videos and maybe learn a new kata S-L-O-W-L-Y. Gradually you work your way up in intensity in solo practice where you can have control over the impact and avoid slowing down your healing with an unpredictable hit.

I realize this has less to do with pressure points, but it is the experience of someone who has had a broken rib.
Posted by: The_Black_Viper

Re: Best PP for a Rib attack? - 03/12/06 05:42 PM

No intent, I was just mearly having my random thoughts, and a thought popped up in my head saying 'I wonder what would happen if someone took a Rib PP hit with healing ribs' thats what got me asking (and of course i'm not that stupid, If i get broken stuff i tend to actully be carefull not to have any contact to the broken part)

PS: Thanks for the welcome, you'll see me floating around these boards quite often lol