pressure points for grabs

Posted by: underdog

pressure points for grabs - 03/07/06 10:51 AM

Here is an application for your pressure point use that is really good in grappling and as an assist for tuite. Grabs! Grab something and squeeze and twist it. Here are some good ones to start with. H3 and LI 11. You can grab from the front of the biceps or if your hand is larger, from behind. It can numb the whole lower arm.

I like grabbing both St 9. Hit with an open ridge strike then grab both points digging in and behind the wind pipe and then pull or not depending on if you ever want to practice with that uke again.

I also like grabbing the neck tendon around the CSM muscle with fingers in St 9 and thumb in LI 18 (or the other way around depending on whether you are in front or behind your uke). Grab dig twist. Do you have favorites?
Posted by: Elliott_Metzler

Re: pressure points for grabs - 03/07/06 12:09 PM

I was at a seminar recently and learned about the ST-9 and LI-18 combo. That one is nasty! I llike it a lot. It seems to be very effective.
Posted by: jamesd

Re: pressure points for grabs - 03/07/06 01:37 PM

Hi Everyone,

If you're in a grappling situation then another good point to grab is PC1, this technique will only work if your attacker has exposed his armpit by having his arm raised high, you can reach into the armpit area and get a really good grip on the pectorial muscle where PC1 is situated this can cause a great deal of pain and is very effective in close range fighting,

James.

Re: pressure points for grabs - 03/07/06 03:32 PM

I can't check that one out on myself but I'll find some one. It does remind me of another arm pit one I like against the pectoral muscle. Dig a thumb into Sp 20 and the opposing fingers into H1. I've just experimented and it appears Sp 18 and 19 will also work. Check it out and let me know. These Sp points are located in a vertical line below the collar bone half way between the nipple line (midclavicular line) and the anterior auxilary line (vertical line through the front of the arm pit. They fall in each of the intercostal spaces starting with Sp 20 in the 2nd intercostal space. That is the space below the 2nd rib.
Posted by: Dauragon c mikado

Re: pressure points for grabs - 03/09/06 04:04 AM

Quote:

I can't check that one out on myself but I'll find some one.

Your're like me, trying pps out on myself, I did it with st9 a few weeks ago and kept losing my balance and feeling dizzy for the resy of the night.

-likely responses = or or

Re: pressure points for grabs - 03/09/06 09:17 AM

Yes I am a bit weird I know. I try things out on myself to confirm the landmarks and to see if the technique is worth testing out on anyone else. Sometimes I do this in my car while driving. I was TAUGHT that you can hit the spinal accessory nerve at Anmion point between TW 17 and Gb 20 to wake yourself up if you are driving drowsy. Well, friend, I work nights and it is an occupational hazard. Unfortunately, I don't find hitting that point anywhere near as effective as stopping for donuts.

Re: pressure points for grabs - 03/12/06 09:59 AM

Here are some easy grabs and twists. Don't be shy now. Try some and post your results and any modifications or applications you found helpful.

Grab the middle of the eyebrow above and below and twist that. (HN-4)

Grab and twist between the upper lip and the nose (Gv 26 and LI 19) twist that.

From a handshake, dig the joint of the thumb into the web of uke's thumb against the bones at the base of the index finger (LI 4). Apply counter pressure from the rest of the handshake grip. If your leverage is good, you can bring someone to their knees with that.

If you are experienced, post some good grabs. If you are less experienced and having trouble figuring out where points are, ask or go to http://acuxo.com/meridianPictures.asp and look it up.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: pressure points for grabs - 03/12/06 11:07 AM

Quote:

Grab the middle of the eyebrow above and below and twist that. (HN-4)

Grab and twist between the upper lip and the nose (Gv 26 and LI 19) twist that.

Ouch! I just tried both of those on myself, and they are quite painful. Seems like they would be difficult to maintain hold of on a resisting opponent, though.

Re: pressure points for grabs - 03/12/06 05:23 PM

Yes I guess I'd categorize those two as situational, but what isn't? If that is all you can reach and you are in a grappling situation, heck go for it. It might open up the opportunity that you need. Sometimes all you need is a moment to set up a predictable and exploitable response. Pressure point attacks often set up predictable exploitable responses. Is anyone else trying these or have their own little nasties to share?
Posted by: MattJ

Re: pressure points for grabs - 03/12/06 06:57 PM

Quote:

Pressure point attacks often set up predictable exploitable responses.

Very good point, one that I hadn't considered.
Posted by: McSensei

Re: pressure points for grabs - 03/13/06 07:12 PM

I made a post some time ago about my grappling experience with young Gavin. I'll never be able to find it again so I'll briefly re-tell.

I started in the mount position and was trying to pound him. Through his use of little PP digs with bony fingers, knuckles, elbows, knees and various grabs and pinches he made short work of manouvering me off him.
It was quite thought provoking. One minute I'm thinking, "Hmmm, I'd better not go full power. I don't want to hurt the guy," to thinking, or rather screeching, "Eek, oww,wtf???, aaargh, SSSSSSHHHIIIII.........!
Great, great fun.
Surprisingly effective. Take any one of the points he used as a distraction technique and Roberts yer Fathers brother.
Posted by: Gavin

Re: pressure points for grabs - 03/14/06 06:54 AM

Quote:

made a post some time ago about my grappling experience with young Gavin.

I don't think its a case of me being that young, more a case of you being that old!!!!

All the PP's were helping me do was create movement. The hard part is knowing how to exploit that movement to take the balance......