Pressure Points 'R Us!

Posted by: Gavin

Pressure Points 'R Us! - 01/11/06 08:15 AM

Hi and welcome to Fighting Arts new one-stop shop for all your PP needs.......PRESSURE POINTS 'R US!

Bring us your old tired techniques and combinations and we'll send you home with spruced up PP filled brand spanking new ones! Yes folks, here at PP 'R Us we guarantee to upgrade anything*** you bring to us and add that little bit of nastiness that only PP 'R Us can give you!

How do you make use of this fantastic new service I hear you ask???? Simple post up a description of a combination of techniques from your syllabus or an application from a Kata or form, telling us a little bit about where you're striking and we'll do the rest! Then all you have to do is try out your brand spanking new PP filled techniques! Easy or what?

So don't delay....shop at PP 'R Us today!

NOW HIRING!

Always wanted a career in the high flying world of Online PP consultancy? Now's your chance! If you have a vague clue what your talking about and can help out with any points chip in! The pays awful, but you'll get a nice fuzzy feeling inside knowing that you're helping our customers inflict pain on their training partners!

***Terms and Conditions:

1) We reserve the right to tell you that your techniques are silly!

2) We guarantee a same year response!

3) Our training is strictly based in reality and we have no experience of using PP's with triple 360 degree jumping kicks. We reserve the right to excercise clause 1 at anytime!

4) All inquiries *MUST* start with the words "Dear PP 'R Us!

Yours Faithfully,

GAVIN KING
CEO and Founder of PP 'R Us!

PS. Seriously guys, tell us what you do and we'll see if we can find a few PP's for you to play with whilst doing the normal stuff you do when training!
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 01/11/06 08:47 AM

Dear PP 'R Us,
Wow, first customer, I feel so special! Just something off the top of my head is one of our one-step sparring techniques. Our one-steps are more for teaching ideas than specific uses for specific attacks;i.e. synchronous attack/block, getting of the line of attack, pre-emptive stirke, etc. But I know that this one definitely has PP potential(you can copyright that ).

-Standing in neutral stance the attacker attacks with a punch to the face.
-Defender takes small slide step to opposite side the punch is coming from(getting off the line) and performs block to the attacking arm and simultaneous strike to the neck. Exact technique can vary, I usually perform this with a knifehand block and knifehand strike(shuto), but it can be done with closed-fist techniques as well.

Please, please, pressure pointerize my technique.

Sincerely,
Lost in PP Land

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 01/11/06 10:08 AM

Dear Joel,

As you so correctly state you are indeed our first customer! As a token of this feat we have decided to award you with our "Unlimited GB20 K.O" card. Present this card to any PP 'R Us staff and they'll render you unconscious using GB20 free of charge as many times as you wish for life! Congratulations!

Quote:

-Defender takes small slide step to opposite side the punch is coming from(getting off the line) and performs block to the attacking arm and simultaneous strike to the neck. Exact technique can vary, I usually perform this with a knifehand block and knifehand strike(shuto), but it can be done with closed-fist techniques as well.

Well if there was ever a set of moves that needed more sprucing up than that, I haven't seen them! Hopefully we've caught them in time!

I presume by stepping to the opposite side to the punching hand you are stepping to your opponents inside. If the punch is coming from the right hand you'll take your offline and check the punch using your left hand with your right hand delivering the knife hand to the right side of the attackers neck.

For the knife hand you have a lovely shot at Small Intestine 16! Make your knife hand a heavy dull shot (like an axe chopping at a tree). This will cause a really nice jolt into your opponents body!

To attack the punching arm may we recomend a grasping of some Heart and Lung points, with a possible strike to a Large Intestine point maybe to start with! If it is available when checking the punching arm strike Large Intestine 10 using a sharp strike with the heel of the hand, a hammer fist or radial bone. Cutting it towards the wrist of the punching hand. Now for the grab! Slide your left hand down the top of the forearm and latch your hand over the wrist. Your fingers should be grasping the underside of the radial (outside edge) of the wrist, with you thumb hooked under the medial (inner edge) of the wrist. If you look at a PP diagram you'll see that your fingers are covering 3 Heart Meridian points Heart 5, Heart 6 and Heart 7. Your thumb is over Lung 8. Squeeze your fingers and thumb into these points and push in towards the wrist, this will really fire up the nerves around these points! When you actually put this on, give the the punching a good tug to really open up the neck for the knife hand to Small Intestine 16!

We hope you enjoy your pointerized technique and have years of happy hurting!

Yours Faithfully,

The PP 'R Us Crew!

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 01/12/06 03:09 PM

We are proud to notify the latest addition to PP 'R Us team....Our new junior Russell Stutely. He's a bit green and but we feel with a bit of work we can show him a thing or two about PP's. Welcome to the forum Mr Stutely!
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 01/12/06 03:39 PM

Welcome Russell! We welcome your insights here on the forums.
Posted by: Russell_Stutely

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 01/12/06 06:27 PM

Hi

Thanks for the intro Gav:-)

Looking forward to some good discussion

All the best

Russell
Posted by: KenpoDenz

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 01/12/06 06:48 PM

Quote:

What's up guys. Sounds like you guys got it all figured out. Good stuff you got here. In this situation I usually teach to dead arm strike to Lung 5. This eliminates the latching and pullig of the wrist to open up the neck because as we all know, a strike to Lung 5 will cause your opponents knees to buckle and neck to open up, offering up an easy line in to either Large Intestine 10 or even Stomach 9. You can execute this in a few different ways. Dead arm to Lung 5 causing the the neck to open up and contour up opponents arm with the same hand to Stomach 9 or LI 10 OR you can use one hand to strike to lung 5 and the other to go the neck. (hmmmm what kata have i seen that in). Quick and effective, enable you to put a quick end to an aggresive situation. Man...it's been good talking meridians with you. Hope you try this one out, it's a very effective technique. Later.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 01/12/06 10:54 PM

Cheers on the replys Gavin and KempoDenz.

One quick question on the use of the points. It seems in your suggestions that you are applying the arm strike before the neck strike, while in our one-step they are performed simultaneously. Is there any difference in using the points together as opposed to in succession?

Thanks, this is cool.
Joel

PS-Welcome aboard, Mr. Stutely, I have heard very good things about you and your work.(you can blame Gavin )
Posted by: McSensei

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 01/13/06 03:34 AM

Hi there Mr Stutely sir,
Welcome to FA.com.

I'd just like to say that I never believed all those things Gavin said about you and consider you a top MA.

Gavin,
Ha, get out of that one, Mr Moderator.
Posted by: Russell_Stutely

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 01/13/06 04:02 AM

I can see me and Mr Gavin having a conversation soon:-) Thanks for the welcome

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 01/13/06 04:44 AM

McSensei - Just remember that anything Mr Stutely does to me, I promise will be returned unto you with interest next time you're down! Incidently you doing anything this Sunday? Me and James are filming some video's for our new website. Fancy coming down and letting me hurt you on film????

Joking aside guys, just in case the UK guys are unaware, Russell is now back in the UK. I couldn't recommend taking the opportunity to pop along and train with him more. You *WILL NOT* find anyone teaching a more practical approach to the PP's than Mr Stutely this side of the pond. I promise you! He's based out of Ashford in Kent, but is a bit a jet setter and works his way round the Country. Check out his website for details. There's a journal of the week I spent studying with him and his guys last year here on my site.

Gav
Posted by: BrianS

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 01/13/06 06:02 AM

Dear PP 'R Us,

Here's one for you! The x-block,this has many applications,but how do pp's fit in?
As in sanseryu kata. The hands cross at the wrists then come upward together. Maybe a strike to the neck area,maybe a wristlock,etc...
hmmm...What do you think?
Thankyou sincerely,
non-paying customer,Brian

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 01/13/06 06:21 AM

KempoDenz - Thanks for your input mate. Don't be a stranger!

Joel - I must admit the simultaneous nature of the technique I personally feel buggers up the intial strike to the arm slightly, which is why I went for the wrist latch. Coming off a right cross makes getting the angle attacking LI10 or LU5 with the left parrying/blocking/checking hand a bit tricky. I'd always prefer to use my right, you'll get an easier angle and power to the strike IMHO.

However something to consider. Do you practice the strike in a "traditional" manner? IE: bringing the attacking hand up to the opposite shoulder. This motion is seen all over the place in kata with "blocks" and strikes. This chambering motion within itself can be a strike attacking the points in the points in the forearm (see my post on LI10 . It gives a perfect angle to attack the point and sets the opponent up perfectly (as KempoDenz rightly said) for the neck shot.

The wrist latch and pull also fits in with the "traditional" chambering of the rear hand (hikite). Firstly it creates a hell of a lot more impact for the knife hand pulling the body onto the strike and grabing the Heart and Lung points of the wrist fires up a lovely "Fire melts Metal" reaction in the body! Even just the wrist latch and simultaneous knife will generate a lot of extra impact without even looking at the PP's. But the LI10 shot just as a lovely jolt that rocks your opponent and you can really bounce off the LI10 shot straight it the SI16 shot with the knife hand, whilst getting that two way action with the wrist latch! Good nite sweetheart!

Gav
Posted by: KenpoDenz

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 01/13/06 09:49 AM

Gavin,

Oh yeah, your absolutley right, the hikite works great to not only active the points to create a "fire burns metal" situation but it also opens up the Lung 5 or any other meridians in that arm. Good Stuff huh. There are a few variations to the technique that I described, includeing an attack to the Heart and Lung Points in the wrist with the attack to Lung 5, followed up with the shot to Stomach 9. You know how it is man, there are so many options. Good stuff Gavin. It's a breath of freash air to see people like your self taking the time to learn this incredible art. As far as for me, it's helped me termendously, opening up many more options and enabling me to teach my students different things rather then just random striking. We should share notes one day. Have a good day.

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 01/13/06 09:52 AM

Pleasure mate! Share notes here then we can turn more people over to the dark side!

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 01/13/06 10:47 AM

Dear Brian,

Don't worry about not being a paying customer, thanks to our elite team of Dragon Ninja Chi Ball throwers we have obtain your credit card details! So you are in fact our highest paying customer thus far (GB20 K.O card is in the post). Also thanks for the trip to Jamacia....I'm sure it'll be great fun and a welcome break from the high flying world of PP consultancy!!!

Quote:

Dear PP 'R Us,

Here's one for you! The x-block,this has many applications,but how do pp's fit in?
As in sanseryu kata. The hands cross at the wrists then come upward together. Maybe a strike to the neck area,maybe a wristlock,etc...
hmmm...What do you think?
Thankyou sincerely,
non-paying customer,Brian

Oh this one should spark off a bit of discussion nice choice!

First off (I know you know this, but I'll clarify anyhows!) I've give two applications that this technique should not be used for. It is *NOT* a suitable way to block a front kick unless you want your arms to go snap and end up all floppy at the ends. Likewise, for the same reason, it is not a good way to block a staff (Bo or Jo), baseball bat, Katana or anything else harder than you arm bones. In fact its not a good way of blocking full stop....if your practicing as such...STOP its a very silly thing to do!

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Sanseryu so I'm not too sure about the raising of the arms. However we can still have some with it! First off, if you concertrate on the return motion for a sec and you've got a lovely arm break...its a bit of a dojoy one, but fun neither the less. With a bit of tweaking you'll be able to turn it into something useful on the street, just shows a different method of breaking the arm.

Off a right reverse punch smash down into it with your right arm over your left. With your left radial bone try cutting into LI10. I can't for the life of me think what point to strike with the right hand (suggestions anyone) quite busy so I can't look it up at the mo either...but just smash somewhere just above the elbow and it'll hurt! That'll deaden the arm, now with your right hand reach behind just above the elbow around the Triple Wamer 11 area. Now basically pull your arms to your waist in a nice quick sharp action and the elbow should go pop. Remember its speed that break things not strength. A slightly nicer version, if you don't want to break the arm, is to use the index figner of your right index to slot in around to Small Intestine 8 is a release point for the elbow and allow to roll the arm round for a lock or something. SI8 is in the small fleshy notch just above the medial (side closet to the body) side of the elbow. You can find it on yourself, it will produce a sharp tingly pain when pressed properly...a bit like pins and needles.

Like I said, I'm a bit short of time. Anyone else wanna chip in, there's lots to play with. Think high low attacks, ribs and neck.....Spleen/Gall Bladder crossing and a nice shot to the face!!!! If no-one comes up with anything else I'll post something next week Brian!

Have fun,

PP 'R Us Crew
Posted by: McSensei

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 01/13/06 06:40 PM

Gav,

Can't help with the pp applications, but I can show you Sanseru on Sunday.

Only if you promise not to axe me.

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 01/14/06 05:51 AM

Hi mate,

Give me a bell if you're popping down!

Gav

PS. I promise not to axe you!
Posted by: jamesd

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 01/14/06 12:37 PM

Hi Everyone,

Here is another application for the X block and i'm sure it's even demonstrated on one of Dillmans video's, Attacker faces the defender standing square on, he is grabbing the Defender high up, for example maybe grabbing his lapels, shoulders or around his throat etc, by grabbing high the Attacker is leaving his abdominal area exposed, Defender does a double strike simultaneously hitting both SP14 points together, the strikes are delivered in and down at 45 degrees, I've experimented with this application and the results are really good but i must add the technique is only effective if the Attacker's arms are high leaving himself exposed, also you don't have to put it in very hard when practicing so take care, regards,

James.
Posted by: Paulol

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 01/15/06 05:35 AM

Quote:

Hi Everyone,

Here is another application for the X block and i'm sure it's even demonstrated on one of Dillmans video's, Attacker faces the defender standing square on, he is grabbing the Defender high up, for example maybe grabbing his lapels, shoulders or around his throat etc, by grabbing high the Attacker is leaving his abdominal area exposed, Defender does a double strike simultaneously hitting both SP14 points together, the strikes are delivered in and down at 45 degrees, I've experimented with this application and the results are really good but i must add the technique is only effective if the Attacker's arms are high leaving himself exposed, also you don't have to put it in very hard when practicing so take care, regards,

James.

James,

Thats really nice!!

BTW I would like to throw my hand into answering any ITF/Chang Hon TKD stylists pattern questions!!

I am a member of Prof. Rick Clarks Ao Denkou Jitsu. But I have trained in Chang Hon TKD up to 4th dan. I now also practice the Korean versions of Heian (Pyung Ahn) and Naihanchi (Chulgi).

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 01/16/06 07:23 AM

Hi Paulol,

I'm sure your imput will be very welcome here, nice to meet you mate, kind regards,

James.

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 01/16/06 09:18 AM

Quote:

Hi Paulol,

I'm sure your imput will be very welcome here, nice to meet you mate, kind regards,

James.

Cheers James
Posted by: shoshinkan

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 01/16/06 10:54 AM

old school x 'block',

opponent pushes you and raises arm to round punch with right arm.

just step forward, direct and drive your left arm into neck (radial bone), grab collar, then land a right punch into eye, holding them in place for impact power.

The 'performance' of x blocks in kata is often done as a simultaneous move, my belief is that one arm arrives a split second before the other, ie it can be 2 techniques done as one flow.

It works just as well done below (hammer fist, not forearm initial strike, grab, ouch), but im not even going there!

Interesting PP stuff here, sorry to jut in with me 'down the mines' approach!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do I get a prize ?????????????????

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 01/17/06 06:50 AM

Quote:

Do I get a prize ?????????????????

Yep GB20 voucher in the post! Claim it when we next met!

Some good suggestions thus far. The classic "X-block" application is a shot to the throat then doing a lapel choke. ST9 is a pretty nice shot for this. When applying the lapel choke you can also roll your knuckles up and into the stomach meridian from ST10 up to ST9. Also when doing the x-block into ST9, hitting in and up at a 45 degree will take the body up onto the balls of the feet and destroying the posture completely, a lapel grab combined with bringing the hands back towards the hips adds a lot of power to a headbutt.

Another application is to step to the outside of punch and attacking into the SP21 area with the lower hand in and down which will arch the body over for a lovely shot to TW17 or GB20 with the other fist.

Top stuff guys. Brian, hopefully thats given you some stuff to think about!

Next customer please!

Gav

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 01/19/06 05:50 AM

I like hitting people in the neck! Which pp would be best to aim for? What is the proper angle and direction? In what manner should I strike? Shuto etc..? What should the other hand be doing?

I find that neck strikes are open as soon a person has attempted to hit or push you from the front.
What do you think?

*please swipe card here*
Posted by: Ives

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 01/19/06 03:37 PM

Quote:

I like hitting people in the neck! Which pp would be best to aim for? What is the proper angle and direction? In what manner should I strike? Shuto etc..? What should the other hand be doing?

I find that neck strikes are open as soon a person has attempted to hit or push you from the front.
What do you think?

*please swipe card here*

That's what I wanted to ask! Where did you found my questions notebook? I lost the damn thing somehow!

We have a bunkai on ten i no kata (gensei-ryu derivative) where some great shots at the neck could be created.

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 01/19/06 04:54 PM

Quote:

What do you think?

*please swipe card here*

Ooooo! I get here first

If you are talking about a straight forward Shuto then there is a sweet point right on the side of the neck called SI-16.
http://www.acuxo.com/meridianPictures.asp?point=SI16&meridian=Small%20Intestine

if you are looking to hit on the rearside of the neck then BL-10 is nice...
http://www.acuxo.com/meridianPictures.asp?point=BL10&meridian=Bladder
there are other point i like to hit on the neck but i use a more or a rubbing strike that a straight hit.

i've just tried to keep this to the context you requested
Posted by: underdog

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 01/21/06 09:00 AM

I love hitting people in the neck too! There are some factors that make it lots of fun. One is density. There are so many points in the neck that if you go in with a large weapon like your forearm, you have to hit something. Go for the edges of the lines of muscles.

Secondly, many neck points can be hit from more than one direction. LI 18 for example, my early reading from DKI sources always said hit it straight in towards the opposite LI 18. However, I've had very good results hitting it down and in. More is known about these points than was known in the past.

A third factor to consider is that the neck is very likely to be in motion. Therefore, your target has to be robust enough, either because you've had success with multiple directions or because there are so many points around, that the movement can be forgiven.

I think the most important factor in getting successful neck strikes is how you are directing energy with your mind. My latest neck practice is with LI 17. I'm directing it towards the core of the body or toward the opposite Lv 13. Hit the opposite Lv 13 at the same time and uke will get a real sick feeling of electricity right through his core.

Re: Torso points? - 01/23/06 05:38 AM

A poster in the kata forum asked about the u punch,better known as the double punch. It's basically a cross torso punch,one high and one low 45degrees across from eachother.
What would be some good striking points for this move? What does it do?

Re: Torso points? - 01/23/06 08:36 AM

To be honest mate I think this pretty much the same as the "X-Block" in terms of striking, only that more emphasis is being place on the striking aspects of the movement. I suppose it could be looked at very much "Yin and Yang" point of view....attacking opposites..hitting higher will weaken the lower, hitting lower will weaken the higher. Same with left and right. Also when looking at bunkai just because the shots are targets at the torso does not always mean the is where we will be targetting. Just because they are aimed at our torso level, we have to think about where we are striking in relation to the level of our opponent....they could be hunched over, for example.

In a lesson I had with Russell the other week he also made an interesting point about the fact that when we see an extended fist we automatically assume its a strike. He said that these movements can often been used as grabs...limbs, joint attacks and cavity attacks, but also as skin and hair pulls. A bit off topic I know, but thought it might interest.

Re: Torso points? - 01/25/06 02:23 PM

Quote:

A poster in the kata forum asked about the u punch,better known as the double punch. It's basically a cross torso punch,one high and one low 45degrees across from eachother.

What Kata is this in??

Re: Torso points? - 01/25/06 05:54 PM

neck, groin me grabs, ouch

Re: Torso points? - 01/26/06 04:44 AM

Quote:

Quote:

What Kata is this in??

Sanseryu

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 02/03/06 12:12 PM

Recently a have seen a combination of a hit combination to the lower arm (upper side), near the elbow joint.
Then a normal 'seiken' to the same body side nipple.
Then a palm hit to the opposit nipple(region).

The fellow went down quite quick.
But I don't recall what the exact points were.

Maybe someone could help out.

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 02/04/06 05:05 AM

Hello Ives,

Are you describing a 3 strike combination with the first two techniques being executed from the same arm?

James.
Posted by: matxtx

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 02/05/06 11:16 AM

hi paulol.
whats the earliest ITF pattern that realistic pressure point application can be found in.?
can you tellme some out of dan gun to give me an example please.
also do you have ideas on the 1st DAN pattern Po-Eun and some applications of the strange techniques where its like your taking your own pulse.and the the other where you hammer fist your open hand at groin level?......iv been told they could be blocks with one hand reinforcing the blocking arm...maybe they are pressure point stuff...?
thanks.

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 02/06/06 07:25 AM

To be honest Ives I don't really pay much attention to those sorts of demo's as I don't think they have much chance of working in real combat. The point near the elbow were either LI10 or LU5....as for the ones in the torso there are numerous ones that could have been used, would really need to see the K.O to even hazzard a guess.

Gav

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 02/06/06 08:27 AM

Quote:

hi paulol.
whats the earliest ITF pattern that realistic pressure point application can be found in.?

My mentor (Prof.Rick Clark) has a book called "75 Downblocks" with 75 applications for this most common of movements in patterns. So taking this as an example you can get plenty of sweet applications and use PP's from the 4 directional punch! Here's a nice one from a buddy of mine called Matt Sylvester of Practical TKD.

1. Move forward right leg walking stance obverse punch
1.a You use the ready position of the left hand raising as a block to a right punch from your attacker.
1.b Move forward with the right leg and shoot your "punch". If you hit with your punch cool! But if you miss then it don't matter...
1.c ...cause your gonna bring your arm over the left shoulder of the attacker.
2. Turn to left and move back left leg walking stance low block.
2.a Think of the ready position for low block for this bit!! Bring your right fist back into the base of the neck at GB20 ( http://www.acuxo.com/meridianPictures.asp?point=GB20&meridian=Gall%20Bladder ) the one on your left facing them would be better but it really don't matter.
2.b At the same bring your left hand up acorss the neck points like ST9 ( http://www.acuxo.com/meridianPictures.asp?point=ST9&meridian=Stomach ). This is done with a rubbing action and on the right side of the neck. Though you can just punch and push your arm across from left to right!!
2.c Rotate your left arm around and complete the "low block" which will bring the attackers head down (if not throw them).
3. Move forward right leg obverse punch
3.a You can light your right knee going forward into the attackers face and strike down on GB20, or just move into them knocking them to the floor and striking GB20 or whatever area or point comes into easy view!!
Quote:

can you tellme some out of dan gun to give me an example please.

Dan Gun has the Knifehand guarding block and high punch!

I do the block as passing off a punch and locking into an armbar. This pulls the attacker off ballance and line. So if I was to move forward putting my leand leg behind their lead leg and bring my hand out across their face. They will end up on the ground! (rough discription but I hope you can see it??)
Quote:

also do you have ideas on the 1st DAN pattern Po-Eun and some applications of the strange techniques where its like your taking your own pulse.and the the other where you hammer fist your open hand at groin level?......iv been told they could be blocks with one hand reinforcing the blocking arm...maybe they are pressure point stuff...?

It's good to keep thinking outside the box that the movements in patterns are put in by some people.

The blocks in Po Eun could be looked at as wrist locks or thows! It would be a bit too complicated to explain the total idea in text like this unless I knew what experience you had in such skills??

I do like to look at the first few moves of Po Eun from being on the ground mounted by a person holding your hands held over your head. You push out to the side and wrap your leg around one of theirs (like in the stance). This will shift their ballance and leave you with a free hand ( the right one) to swing back into the head and knock them to the side and into a locking position.

Take it from there and let me know how you get on

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 02/06/06 08:37 AM

Quote:

Hello Ives,

Are you describing a 3 strike combination with the first two techniques being executed from the same arm?

James.

Exactly!
Posted by: Dustindapirate

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 02/07/06 10:28 AM

Does any one know anything about MUE 6 or a site that has a body chart with it and maybe some information?

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 02/07/06 11:22 AM

The only time I've seen MUE points is in Dillmans 2nd book....I think! I would have a look but someone still has my copy (Shoshinkan....couldn't bring it along on Sunday could ya mate?). So far all I can find out about is these MUE points are recently discovered acupoints, so that won't be on any of the classical charts that I have. I studying Zen shiatsu which includes "Extented" meridians, but unfortunately I don't cover them until next year, so I don't know if the answer would lie there. Sorry mate....someone else might be able to help.

Gav

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 02/07/06 11:36 AM

Quote:

The only time I've seen MUE points is in Dillmans 2nd book....I think! I would have a look but someone still has my copy (Shoshinkan....couldn't bring it along on Sunday could ya mate?). So far all I can find out about is these MUE points are recently discovered acupoints, so that won't be on any of the classical charts that I have. I studying Zen shiatsu which includes "Extented" meridians, but unfortunately I don't cover them until next year, so I don't know if the answer would lie there. Sorry mate....someone else might be able to help.

Gav

Didnt lend it to me govnor honest...............will do
Posted by: matxtx

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 02/09/06 02:15 PM

cheers paulol.
opened my mind a bit more their.
im a 1st DAN.
iv been exposed to this kind of stuff by my instructor and a fellow long serving student.though only now and then....what with doing lots of other stuff in the curriculum.
the realistic use of patterns is what im into at the min.though im a beginner and its just ideas in my head at the min..lol.

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 02/10/06 01:33 PM

great to see it man!!

i have a buddy in Exeter that is also very into the Chang Hon applications!!

He runs the Practical Martial Arts website!!

http://practical-martial-arts.co.uk/
Posted by: xAndyx

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 07/30/08 06:37 PM

Dear PP 'R Us,
This is my first post and I signed up to the site because of your pressure point posts Gavin ^^ . Anyway, here's a combination for you to make nastier: Jab, Cross, Uppercut, Cross, Hook, Cross, Rear Knee.
Thanks,
Andy

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 08/05/08 04:33 AM

Hi Andy,

Fraid you missed the boat with me on this one, I haven't done PP's for quite a while. There are a number of my old PP of the week posts on the forum or listed amongst some of old articles on my Dad's Kempo site here (my PP stuff is at the top of the page):

http://www.gosokempo.com/articles.htm

Just some food for thought though, always think multi-dimensionally with all your attacks. One great thing I did get from my PP studies was a better understanding of how to attack the body, getting a better bang for your buck. So you listed the jab in your post. A lot of people actually pay very little attention to where they are landing the jab (or actually how they are throwing it). If you ask them where they are striking to most will say something like, "To the head!" or the really savvy ones might say "To the nose or to the chin". I could spend an entire day just on where and how a jab *could* land. Clipping down on the jaw, hitting along the jawline, the body (and a lead hand shot to the body can devastating despite what many will tell you) and also playing with the angle to access even more targets.

You'll also find that how you set the shot up will determine the outcome. Hitting someone mid-step will yield better results than when they are firmly rooted. Catching them flat footed also cool. As does attacking offline.

Most people take a very static approach to their training, especially many PP practitioners IMO, their training is very dead and lifeless. Your training needs to be alive and animated and most of the targets I hit instinctively now I can only do so because of my timing, distance and structure. In truth with those things in place it does really matter where you hit someone or what with, catch them right, at the right time and they are not going to be happy.

Hope that makes up for a lack of PP!

Gav
Posted by: xAndyx

Re: Pressure Points 'R Us! - 08/06/08 08:21 AM

Ok, thanks anyway Gavin, that helped! Thanks for the link too.
Posted by: janxspirit

fighting and pressure points in boxing - 08/06/08 01:49 PM

Quote:

Hi and welcome to Fighting Arts new one-stop shop for all your PP needs.......PRESSURE POINTS 'R US!

Bring us your old tired techniques and combinations and we'll send you home with spruced up PP filled brand spanking new ones! Yes folks, here at PP 'R Us we guarantee to upgrade anything*** you bring to us and add that little bit of nastiness that only PP 'R Us can give you!

How do you make use of this fantastic new service I hear you ask???? Simple post up a description of a combination of techniques from your syllabus or an application from a Kata or form, telling us a little bit about where you're striking and we'll do the rest! Then all you have to do is try out your brand spanking new PP filled techniques! Easy or what?

So don't delay....shop at PP 'R Us today!

NOW HIRING!

Always wanted a career in the high flying world of Online PP consultancy? Now's your chance! If you have a vague clue what your talking about and can help out with any points chip in! The pays awful, but you'll get a nice fuzzy feeling inside knowing that you're helping our customers inflict pain on their training partners!

***Terms and Conditions:

1) We reserve the right to tell you that your techniques are silly!

2) We guarantee a same year response!

3) Our training is strictly based in reality and we have no experience of using PP's with triple 360 degree jumping kicks. We reserve the right to excercise clause 1 at anytime!

4) All inquiries *MUST* start with the words "Dear PP 'R Us!

Yours Faithfully,

GAVIN KING
CEO and Founder of PP 'R Us!

PS. Seriously guys, tell us what you do and we'll see if we can find a few PP's for you to play with whilst doing the normal stuff you do when training!

Best pressure point in the world - the point of the chin.

Re: fighting and pressure points in boxing - 08/06/08 06:14 PM

Wow...thanks for that!