Possible Sticky for the PP and energy arts forums

Posted by: Kempoman

Possible Sticky for the PP and energy arts forums - 10/26/05 03:14 PM

There is a very easy way to change the minds of skeptics...EVIDENCE.

Fortunately for all there is an organization that exists that can help us out in regards to the NTKO and energy projection.

The James Randi Educational Foundation (JREF). The JREF sponsors a $1,000,000 US paranormal challenge, wherein a person makes a claim to a paranormal ability and is tested to see is such an ability exists. The JREF challenge does not even involve HOW it works only WHETHER it works.

So you simply would make a claim..."I shall wave my arms about and yell quite loudly and this bloke will go syncope"...fill out the application agree to a testing protocol...succeed in your claim and BAM! you are $1,000,000 US richer.

We all may wish that the human race is something greater than we actually are. We may want the ability to fly or levitate, read minds or project chi.

But the EVIDENCE suggests that these things are better left to Hollywood and Science Fiction/Fantasy writers.

Let me be perfectly clear about this

NOONE, ANYWHERE, AT ANYTIME HAS EVER PERFORMED A NTKO SUCCESSFULLY IN A CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENT.

Why is this so hard to understand and accept? Does this mean that noone, anywhere, at anytime will ever do so? No.

What it does mean is that there is no EVIDENCE to support this claim. Therefore just as there is no EVIDENCE to support my claim that there is an invisible pink unicorn sitting beside my chair as I type this, it would be silly of me to get mad and stomp my feet when this is pointed out by others.

There are many things in this universe that are unexplained, but we must use the scientific method to attempt to explain them.

The originator of all of this No-touchy type stuff (Richard Mooney) was actually brave enough to be tested using the scientific method. The testing was coordinated by George Mattson and Dr. Bill Glasheen (goju gods and skeptics) and Evan Pantazi (founder of Kyusho International NTKO proponent) with Dr. J.D. Morenski (the good DoctorX) overseeing it all.

The results were as expected and you can read them for youselves here:

An Empty Force

and here is a great skeptical primer for the martial artist who believes in NTKO's and chi projection

MA Skeptical Primer

PLEASE read them. WARNING though you might have to actually use your brain the Doctor is a very good writer.

--KM
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Possible Sticky for the PP and energy arts forums - 10/27/05 12:47 AM

Agreed!
Posted by: UofM Shorin Ryu

Re: Possible Sticky for the PP and energy arts forums - 10/27/05 03:27 AM

This should apply to EVERY forum.

Is there a general sticky where we can just post this and when people come to this site it just pops up in front of them?
Posted by: KiDoHae

Re: Possible Sticky for the PP and energy arts forums - 10/27/05 05:06 AM

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.
Posted by: Gavin

Re: Possible Sticky for the PP and energy arts for - 10/27/05 06:44 AM

Brilliant post Kempoman. I've heard a lot of talk about Sifu Mooney from a lot of top guys, but at the end of the day performance under controlled conditions is needed. PP K.O's are a prime example of something that science cannot always explain, yet people having been dropping like flies in many many controlled experiments consistently. Science might not have all the answers about the PPKO's but has atleast observed that the phenomenon exists. The onus is now on the science dudes to explain it. Claiming to be able to move someone without touching and failing to demonstrate, places the onus on you to prove to science that there is something worth investigating.

One thing I did think that was a unfair was the negative comments about the healing aspects of the TCM theory. I'm sure that the comment was taken in the context of non-contact healing methods, but I felt the author was generalising about the placebo affect of the meridian theory as a whole. It has long been accepted that when certian parts of the body are stimulated in a certian manner they produce consistant physiological results. As with the Kyusho, science is able explain some of it, others can only be explained within the context of the Yin and Yang, 5 Element Theory and other TCM laws. Acupuncture, Acupressure and Shiatsu (the discipline I study) are fast becoming accepted complimentary therapies even amongst the Western Medical Community.

My Shiatsu tutor actually told me about one of her mentors, I believe his name is Saul Goodman, who is some sort of Shiatsu and Macrobotic god. He is aparantly working with Quantum Physicists and believes that it is only at a quantum level will we be able to explain why TCM theories work.

There are truely stranger things between heaven and earth than we will probably ever truely understand, but I think we definately live in a truely interesting time! Thanks for the post Scott!

Gav
Posted by: StayUnderMyWing

Re: Possible Sticky for the PP and energy arts for - 12/13/05 11:16 AM

Has no-one from the DKI done a NTKO under scientific conditions??? I thought they had.

Mark.
Posted by: SpeedyGonzales

Re: Possible Sticky for the PP and energy arts for - 01/15/06 03:54 PM

Quote:

Has no-one from the DKI done a NTKO under scientific conditions??? I thought they had.

Mark.

They tried to on the National Geographic program and failed miserably.