Quick disarm!

Posted by: Silent Ninja

Quick disarm! - 08/22/05 03:29 AM

Is there a way in which you can disarm people like in that episode of the Simpsons where Homer becomes a bodyguard and touches people shoulders and they fall asleep (you know what I mean) or is it a load of rubbish.
Posted by: Belnick

Re: Quick disarm! - 08/22/05 04:46 AM

lol u mean like spock, the vulkan death grip or whatever it is called ??

I guess it would work on 1 out of 10millions tries or something
Posted by: hugo

Re: Quick disarm! - 08/22/05 05:04 AM

There is a technique much like the one that Homer used. A sort of pinch. I don't know it myself but I've heard of it. Hope I helped.

--Hugo Dewar
Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: Quick disarm! - 08/22/05 12:30 PM

No, it does not exist. It takes a lot more than just a pinch to knock someone out.

Once again, we can thank television for this false idea. Don't believe everything you watch on TV (or in the movies or in books for that matter).

Pressure points usually need to be striked with a reasonable amount of force and it's relatively unlikely, even then, to result in KO. Pressure points can, however, hurt incredibly and cause numbing, but require great precision and expertise to use with any real chance of being effective (this means you've got to be a reasonably expert striker/grappler already to use them anyway).
Posted by: Gavin

Re: Quick disarm! - 08/22/05 12:49 PM

Oh come on, are we seriously answering this question?

Belnick, nice answer!

Silnet Ninja.....The Simpsons is a cartoon thus not a source for MA's techniques. To clear up any future confusion so is Dragonball Z, Micky Mouse and Pokemon. Although it has be recently discovered that Jerry from Tom and Jerry is the greatest Martial Artist who has ever lived. Apart from that Cartoon characters are make believe.....sorry to burst any bubbles!
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: Quick disarm! - 08/22/05 01:48 PM

This doesn't belong here-this should be on the ressure point forum.
Posted by: awais786

Re: Quick disarm! - 08/22/05 03:41 PM

Well i too saw that epsodie and yes there is a techinque SIMILAR to that in ju jitsu.But that techinque is used if you are in a armlock and it does not does what occored in the simpsons.Again like everybody said.They are cartoons and they are for enjoyment and not for any LEARNING
Posted by: Silent Ninja

Re - 08/23/05 05:10 AM

I know you shouldn't believe everything that you see on tv but I was just wondering.
Does that mean that everything that is on tv is fake and does not work, No it doesn't!
Posted by: xamax

Re: Re - 08/23/05 05:31 AM

pressure point & chi/ki/qi. the 3 combinations work really well. who do i know, first hand experience. each techniques i learn i have to experienced first handed. trust me it hurt like hell. a friend of mine, well more like a mentor he show me the locations of the body, and the amount of pressure and the amount of chi to use. i didnt cover after 4 hours. and he didn't even punch or push he just tapped me. i know it sounds like some old chinese myth but it hurt like SH#T
Posted by: funstick5000

Re: Re - 08/24/05 10:49 AM

there are some blade hand techniques in karate to the nevres at the base of the neck which knock poeple down to the floor and hurt like hell but i don't think KO is possible. there also techniques in other arts that involve pinching the muscle above the collar bone on each shoulder but thats more to stop someone attacking and bring them to there knees to be restrained easier.
Posted by: Gavin

Re: Re - 08/24/05 10:56 AM

Someone kill this thread please!
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Re - 08/24/05 01:38 PM

I'm not sure how i missed this one but please in the future if any of our more grounded members find threads like this feel free to contact me.