First Kata of Kyusho Jitsu

Posted by: Jango

First Kata of Kyusho Jitsu - 07/27/05 06:39 PM

I was wondering if any of you know what is the name of the first kata for kyusho jitsu. Also if possible a link to a site where it shows how this kata can be done.

Thank you,
J.
Posted by: Kosh

Re: First Kata of Kyusho Jitsu - 07/28/05 08:01 AM

What are you talking about? I think every kata contains kyusho. Are you maybe talking about Erle Montaigue`s dim mak katas?
Posted by: Gavin

Re: First Kata of Kyusho Jitsu - 07/28/05 08:54 AM

Completely off topic, but Erle has posted up a video on the whole Yang Cheng Fu form on his site here. It's the files YCF1.ASF onwards. There's also a series of pushing hands clips that he has done. Just in case your interested!

Re: First Kata of Kyusho Jitsu - 07/28/05 04:38 PM

Kosh Kyusho Jitsu is pressure point fighting. They are using teachings from DKI ( Dillman Karate institution). I don't know about much about it thats why I wanted to know what is the name of thier first kata.

J.
Posted by: SANCHIN31

Re: First Kata of Kyusho Jitsu - 07/28/05 06:00 PM

Isn't Kyusho Jitsu Ryukyu Kempo? I think it is. Raul Perez trains at one. I think the beginner kata are the heian/pinan series.
Posted by: Raul Perez

Re: First Kata of Kyusho Jitsu - 07/28/05 06:52 PM

Sanchin31,

Ryukyu Kempo is not Kyusho Jitsu. Kyusho Jitsu is the Okinawan's combative art of vital point striking (contained within Ryukyu Kempo). Notice that I used the term vital point striking and not pressure point striking. Pressure points are interwoven within Kyusho Jitsu but are not the only thing in Kyusho Jitsu. The eyes are a vital point but not a pressure point for example.

Ryukyu Kempo is many things not just Kyusho Jitsu.

And the introductory katas are the Naihanchi series (Shodan, Nidan, Sandan).

Kind regards,

Raul

Re: First Kata of Kyusho Jitsu - 07/28/05 06:59 PM

Thanks Raul! That's what I get for thinking out loud.

Re: First Kata of Kyusho Jitsu - 07/30/05 07:46 AM

Ok thanks for the replies, to confirm I will make a trip to a kyusho Jitsu place next week hopefully and find out and post it here.

J.

Re: First Kata of Kyusho Jitsu - 08/04/05 11:31 AM

Ok I found on the name of the first kata of Kyusho Jitsu. The name of it is, Taikyoku Shodan!

Regards,
Jango

Re: First Kata of Kyusho Jitsu - 08/05/05 08:50 PM

A Shotokan Kata from my recollection.

Re: First Kata of Kyusho Jitsu - 08/05/05 10:54 PM

Are they anything like the Taikyoku series from Myagi? Taikyoku Gedan,Chodan,and Judan?
Posted by: Kosh

Re: First Kata of Kyusho Jitsu - 08/07/05 08:29 AM

I`m sorry, but I still don`t quite get it!? How can Taikyoku shodan be the first kata of kyusho jitsu since kyusho doesn`t have katas? Kyusho isn`t a style, like Raul said, it`s a "theory", it is in the katas though. Are you maybe confusing kyusho jitsu with Kyusho International?
Taikyoku shodan is the first kata in ryukyu kempo from DKI.
Posted by: Cesar

Re: First Kata of Kyusho Jitsu - 08/07/05 07:02 PM

Quote:

Kosh Kyusho Jitsu is pressure point fighting. They are using teachings from DKI ( Dillman Karate institution). I don't know about much about it thats why I wanted to know what is the name of thier first kata.
DKI taught the 12 basic katas, Naihanchi 1-3 and pinana 1-5, is that what u want
J.

Posted by: naptime

Re: First Kata of Kyusho Jitsu - 01/26/06 12:09 PM

actually it depends on the school that you attend for the DKI for what kata is first. commonly among schools, naihanchi shodan it taught, however i know of schools that also teach taikyoku kata first. the taikyoku kata may be in the shotokan system, however it was originally created by gichin funakoshi (the founder of shotokan system) so that it could be taught in the public school system. it spread from there and can be found through many many japanese and korean styles. kyusho itself is not a style, but it is commonly taught paired with ryukyu kempo as previously stated. ryukyu kempo however does not entail exactly what is the first kata in the system or what needs to be done to black belt, each school is unique. no two tae kwon do schools are alike as no two ryukyu kempo schools are alike. some only teach 4 kata to black belt while most try to stick with the 12 kata system. the twelve kata system of ryukyu kempo orginally contained-3 naihanchi, 5 pinyans, chintoe, basai, sayson-tomorri, and i believe the last one naisaeshi, but i might have it confused with sanchi. either way some combination of the above is the 12 that ryukyu kempo generally follows. sorry for the long post.

Re: First Kata of Kyusho Jitsu - 01/27/06 04:58 PM

Quote:

the twelve kata system of ryukyu kempo orginally contained-3 naihanchi, 5 pinyans, chintoe, basai, sayson-tomorri, and i believe the last one naisaeshi, but i might have it confused with sanchi.

you were close. Really close:

3 Naihanchi
Tomari Seisan
5 Pinan
Passai
Kusanku
Nesaishi

Those are the kata taught by schools sticking to Oyata's curriculum.
Posted by: underdog

Re: First Kata of Kyusho Jitsu - 01/27/06 06:58 PM

Last time I saw Master Dillman which was Nov 2004 at a conference, he was talking about writing a kata. Since I am not in a DKI school, I don't know anything further about it. Do any of the DKI people know? If he has composed one, it would probably be excellent and very teaching oriented. He is a good person to learn from.