Emergency info.

Posted by: Jango

Emergency info. - 07/06/05 01:04 PM

Hey all I really want to join a martial arts again but the only one that convenient to me in terms of transport is a pressure point martial arts. Am a bit scepitical about this so can someone please help me out and tell me what u think? this is the website : www.zendoryu.com he even does a no touch ko.
Posted by: Kosh

Re: Emergency info. - 07/06/05 01:15 PM

I don`t know them, but when my sensei was in America on a training camp at George Dillman he met these guys I think. He said that they were good and pretty "fight" oriented.

Re: Emergency info. - 07/06/05 01:51 PM

Yep it looks good. After reading some topics on this forum though about PP fighting on the streets am a bit skeptical... Check out the one touch KO on the site. The video clips are under the KO section on the website. www.zendoryu.com So should I or should I not join? Tell me your personal opinions.

Thank you
Posted by: Gavin

Re: Emergency info. - 07/06/05 01:58 PM

The club is headed up by Sensei Paul Bowman. I've meet him a couple of times courses and he is an extremely nice guy. Very relaxed and friendly and well versed in Dillmans methods. I'd do some research into Master Dillman, if you like the stuff you read then these are the guys to learn with. As I said, these guys are pure DKI, and Paul Bowman teaches the theory extremely well. Many people disagree with the DKI's methods others swear by them. I'd recomend going along either way, they are really nice guys and Sensei Bowman is extremely approachable (I think you'll be suprised by his physical stature!). I haven't really seen them do anything other than the standard grab me and I'll knock you out very compliant stuff, so I don't know what their combative side is like, and I would really take the No touch KO stuff with a pinch of salt, but these guys are vrey friendly, and I could think of far worse places to start your pressure point theory. HTH

Re: Emergency info. - 07/07/05 06:22 PM

Thanks for the info.