1" punch

Posted by: rogerroo

1" punch - 05/08/05 02:34 AM

any one explain wat exercises work well to develope this difficult technique. am currently applyin hand grips when a land the punch, and hold weight to develope ma pinch grip and push against solid object then release n push, so on. any other good exercises apart from including zen and tong zi gong techniques and breathing methods. cheers
Posted by: SANCHIN31

Re: 1" punch - 05/08/05 02:39 AM

You might want to try another forum.
Posted by: BaguaMonk

Re: 1" punch - 05/09/05 11:54 PM

Go to the body mechanics forum on this site. Read my posts if u like. I would recommend an internal style that teaches your body how to move truly naturally, without a single thought crossing your mind. Making seemingly complex moves very easy. best way to achieve true 1 inch power is fa jing, "pushing" somebody a couple feet back means nothing, anyone could do that with a couple weeks/months training (depending on martial experience).
Posted by: Demonologist437

Re: 1" punch - 05/19/05 12:29 AM

If you mean Bruce Lee's one-inch punch, he wasn't just a guy who punched a bag all day. Bruce Lee knew of and worked with what we now know today as the kyusho-jitsu system of pressure point fighting, and was doing more than you think beyond just trying to hit really-freakin'-hard.
He was using stance, direction, sound and visualization I'm sure to get that effect and probablly some Chi work if I had to guess, and it was all to attack the fire meridian heart.
Not to sound like I don't know what I'm talking about, but it would take several posts to begin to explain how all that works and to be truly honest I still don't know ALL the details about what Bruce Lee was doing. If your interested though, I would check out the Dillman theory books and Forums(I think they have one at least...).
Posted by: madfrank

Re: 1" punch - 05/19/05 08:23 AM

Hi

There is no evidence that Bruce used Kyusho Jitsu.

He certainly didn't know it according to his top students

like Dan Inosanto.

Where did you get this idea from?

And if you look at his training videos he didnt use any of

the other principles you suggest.

He was ahead of his time in some respects but not all.

He is a myth.

when I first saw him on film hitting for real as opposed to

his pretend stufff in films, I was so disapointed.

MF
Posted by: SANCHIN31

Re: 1" punch - 05/19/05 10:55 PM

Quote:

If you mean Bruce Lee's one-inch punch, he wasn't just a guy who punched a bag all day. Bruce Lee knew of and worked with what we now know today as the kyusho-jitsu system of pressure point fighting, and was doing more than you think beyond just trying to hit really-freakin'-hard.
He was using stance, direction, sound and visualization I'm sure to get that effect and probablly some Chi work if I had to guess, and it was all to attack the fire meridian heart.
Not to sound like I don't know what I'm talking about, but it would take several posts to begin to explain how all that works and to be truly honest I still don't know ALL the details about what Bruce Lee was doing. If your interested though, I would check out the Dillman theory books and Forums(I think they have one at least...).

I recognize alot of Dillman quotes in your posts. I think you need to look beyond his theories and realize that there not all there cracked up to be.
Bruce never knew anything about kyusho points.
Posted by: BaguaMonk

Re: 1" punch - 05/29/05 11:36 PM

Dillman is "alright." Nothing extraordinary, or things that haven't already been discovered/practiced for a while.
Posted by: mantis_boxing

Re: 1" punch - 07/29/05 05:59 AM

madfrank check out his earlier kungfu movies, the black and white one with chuck norris, he was pretty quick then. game of death and enter the dragon he wasnt in as good shape as earliee in his career
Posted by: Gavin

Re: 1" punch - 07/29/05 07:37 AM

I've gotta say I like George Dillman. I understand and agree with some of the bad press his got, but the person who opened my instructors eyes to the PP's was George, and for that I'm going to be forever greatful to him. I went on a course with him in March and had a great time. Came away with a bit of information and he is a very funny man. I will admit that some of the stuff covered on the course I was less than impressed with (nothing taught by Dillman though), but on the whole it was money well spent, I got some knowledge that I didn't have previously. So although I don't agree that he is the font of all knowledge for PP's he has got a lot of useful information, which is really what I'm concerned about personally.
Posted by: fire_tiger

Re: 1" punch - 08/09/05 07:38 PM

Dont wanna ova simplify things, but here goes, u wanna increase ur ability to do something, all u need to do is practice, ensure that u have got a good punching technique to begin with though, then close down the distance, till you can generate the power from only 1". At the moment, i think i can generate full force at about 5" and when im happy with this, i will move to 4" and then 3", time consuming yes, but simple, you might want to think about something like dit da dao oil, or wisest oil, for your knuckles though, and be wary of what your hitting to begin with, one person i know, who was impatient decided to start with tiles, on a wall, and i still dont think his knuckles have recovered. Mastery isnt a matter of magic or talent, its a matter of time and effort.
Posted by: Shaolin_Sky

Re: 1" punch - 07/12/06 11:41 PM

I don't know if this will help at all... in fact, i don't really know anything about one inch punching... but i hope this helps you anyway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx9iPFMriz0

-Sky
Posted by: Mr_Heretik

Re: 1" punch - 07/13/06 12:34 AM

The director of that documentary posted it up a couple of months ago. It is a good watch.

Re: 1" punch - 07/13/06 12:49 AM

Yes, I enjoyed it too. Every once in a while I try to work on the drill suggested in the video. I don't know how well it's been working, but I hope that it's helped everyone out.

-Sky
Posted by: Mr_Heretik

Re: 1" punch - 07/13/06 01:31 AM

Too bad you posted it on a year old thread.

Re: 1" punch - 07/13/06 01:36 AM

haha, oopse

-Sky
Posted by: Landus

Re: 1" punch - 10/08/06 04:10 PM

Quote:

Bruce never knew anything about kyusho points.

In your opinion
Posted by: Hash

Re: 1" punch - 11/18/06 11:48 PM

Bruce Lee used fa-jing.