Motobu Sensei in Vegas

Posted by: senseilou

Motobu Sensei in Vegas - 03/14/05 02:24 PM

Chosei Motobu Sensei, son of Choki Motobu will be in Las Vegas July 22-23 for a seminar. You can contact Master Tom Ingargiola at
tingargiola@shaolinkempo.com
or myself and I will pass the information along. This may be one of the final times Motobu Sensei makes it to the States. He is 80 some years old and the trip must be getting hard for him to do on a regular basis. Hope to me some of you there.
Posted by: Alejandro

Re: Motobu Sensei in Vegas - 03/14/05 04:18 PM

Wow! What a rare opportunity! I am contacting Mr. Ingargiola right away for info. Perhaps we will meet, senseilou!

I looked at your webpage for the first time, and saw that you are in Glendale. I am in Phoenix usually several times a year, and will have to come by some time! Do you know Mike Klier, Renshi, of Phoenix? He is one of my instructors.

-Al

[This message has been edited by Alejandro (edited 03-14-2005).]
Posted by: medulanet

Re: Motobu Sensei in Vegas - 03/14/05 04:31 PM

I too plan to attend, if my finances and schedule permits.
Posted by: Sanchin

Re: Motobu Sensei in Vegas - 05/06/05 01:09 AM

perhaps you could post the information here ? Im supposed to actually BE in vegas this summer, being able to meet Chosei Motobu would be an honor.

Re: Motobu Sensei in Vegas - 05/07/05 10:09 AM

http://www.motobu2005.com/

Check it out, hes also going to be in Virginia July 30-31

Ive decided to cancel my vegas trip and go to this one, its two days clsoer to me!

"Motobu, Chosei, Sensei will be in the US to teach a seminar July 30, 2005 in Stafford, VA, USA. Motobu Sensei is the son of Motobu Chokki, one of the most respected progenitors of Okinawan Karatedo. He is the exponent of Motobu Ryu Karatedo, Motobu Ryu Udun di, and several Kobudo disciplines and will be sharing his extensive knowledge with a standing room only group of students from across the US. The seminar is open to all practitioners of traditional Japanese/ Okinawan martial arts who wish to truly become a part of an historical event and to personally touch the Motobu family legacy. Also in attendance will be Inaba Sensei, Hyodo Sensei, and Kimo Sensei"
Topics will include:

Motobu Chokki's 12 Fighting techniques

Advanced Bunkai (application) of the Naihanchi Kata

Motobu Ryu Udun di

...and much more"
Posted by: Rob_Rivers

Re: Motobu Sensei in Vegas - 05/22/05 08:44 PM

Hello All

Fredericksburg, Virginia July 30 and 31. www.kenkyukai.org.
Glad to hear you will be there. He is actually going to be with us for the week and teach the seminars Sat and Sunday. It is going to be an absolutely unforgettable event. We have gone to great lengths to bring him to a more local and affordable venue...I hope everyone takes advantage. You can contact me anytime with questions. I look forward to seeing you all there.

Best Regards

Robert M. Rivers
Tri-State Yudanshikai Kenkyukai

Re: Motobu Sensei in Virginia - 08/05/05 07:55 AM

I went to the virginia seminar on Saturday, boy was that trip a pain in the butt : ) my reservations for a hotel got messed up, lost my wallet and had to leave a day early.

The seminar on the other hand was well worth it, watching Chosei do Naihanchi (he did both I and II) was amazing, so fluid and perfect. And the 12 motobu kumite techniques were awesome, and quite similiar to nagamines.. but IMO , definately more straight forward and effective. The differences between motobu naihanchi and others is very slight, but they make a huge difference mainly the stance, and arm positioning.

During break Kimo passed around his personal album , which was quite interesting to see. The bunkai, straight and to the point, no horsing around, cant ask for more than that.

I brought my camera, I took pictures of the green signs "Motobu --> " leading to the high school, and of the high school. But the lady at the registration desk said I couldnt take pictures during the seminar, that kind of sucked : / sorry guys, I said I was going to get video and pictures, but nothing was allowed.