usefull facts and tips on hard kata

Posted by: Anonymous

usefull facts and tips on hard kata - 01/30/05 02:22 PM

i need usefull facts and stuff that is usefull to get me going further to my black belt if any of you are from gkr i need more help on fifth and sixth kata or any facts on katas
Posted by: still wadowoman

Re: usefull facts and tips on hard kata - 01/31/05 11:18 AM

Not all of us do the same katas in the same order. What are these katas that you are asking about called?

Just out of sheer nosiness, how long have you been training and how long till you will be taking your bb?

welcome to the foums.
Sharon

Re: usefull facts and tips on hard kata - 01/31/05 11:16 PM

well i have been training for five years and there just a bit more left till my black yet. The katas are called seunchin and mp. I am struggling a bit on them so thats why i have came here for help and usefull tips to keep katas look good and sharp

Re: usefull facts and tips on hard kata - 02/01/05 01:21 PM

a tip to make you feel more relaxed wen it comes to your grading is to be relaxed while performing your kata because the more relaxed your are the easier your kata will flow and the more of your own u make it the better and easier it will be to perform

Re: usefull facts and tips on hard kata - 02/14/05 07:49 AM

seiunchin and empi (flight of the swallow)

i do gkr also.... now then......

seiunchin; you absolutely NEED a low sumo stance. as my 1st kyu boyfriend and his 1st kyu brother are extremely keen on telling me; "you have to be able to balance a broom across your legs and not let it roll off" and tuck your bum in, straighten your bck.

if you're on about actually learning the kata, www.gkrkarate.org and follow the links.
there are helpful hints there also.

a black belt is not all about kata. how about your chi? breathing corectly? your day to day life? how you treat others?

people mock gkr incessantly, and that is something i have come to accept and smile nicely about.

try www.gkrkarate.net to speak to some gkr karateka, theyd be able to help you more than i can. my username there is melil.

p.s. empi: tuck your legs under in the jump and aim for height rather than distance..
Posted by: Ironfoot

Re: usefull facts and tips on hard kata - 02/22/05 09:09 AM

useful tips for any kata:

1) In every stance there should be at least ONE - almost always BOTH - feet gripping the floor.

2) Practice the katas verrry slowly to identify mistakes in balance, hand position, etc.

3) Visualize your opponent and exactly where your strikes, blocks and vision need to be.

For seiunchin stance charissima mentioned, stay in it for 2 minutes at a time, throwing upper body techniques to both sides, and see if you can do it without shifting weight to your forward leg. You need to be locked into the stance, not swaying.