LIN Kuei anybody practice it

Posted by: Anonymous

LIN Kuei anybody practice it - 10/12/04 04:07 PM

I'm curious I've studied Lin Kuei for several years yet people dont seem to have it as a style when in reality it is does anyone else study this style I would expect more ppl from china to know about this style
Posted by: Aku-Do Bushi

Re: LIN Kuei anybody practice it - 10/13/04 05:02 PM

Interesting....
From my knowledge, it is an ancient Chinese sect like the Japanese Yamabushi with belief in the Tengu on Mt. Kurama and that like.
Sounds like the ancient Polar Star School as a matter of fact. But hey, you can try to find a school that specializes in "Shinobi training"

Regards,
Kev

Re: LIN Kuei anybody practice it - 10/13/04 08:42 PM

hmm from what I've gathered on our history the style is Northern Chinese and Lin Kuei translates as forest demon because the clan was in forested regions this is controversial but from what I've gathered they known as the clan of vagabonds migrated to japan where they were known to the ninja as the yamebushi and that there are two ranks known as the lin shir meaning forest wizard and the U'lin but I'm not sure about he secound and one of the last students of the original art was a man named Li Hsing and that it uses a animal system similar to shaolin and a stealth system that influenced shinobi stealth system but I've spent just as much time researching it as I have studying it because no information is available other then a book that is out of print all I have is my training and word of mouth history

Re: LIN Kuei anybody practice it - 12/03/04 07:10 AM

i would really be interested to know what you find out about Lin Kuei. I am a student of aikibujutsu...but Lin Kuei seems an interesting topic....where did you study it at??

Re: LIN Kuei anybody practice it - 04/04/05 12:36 AM

Hey there. I am searching for imformation on the Lin Kuei martial arts and i ran across this post. i was wondering if u could tell me where i might find out more about this elusive subject since most places i keep running into are related to the mortal kombat video game and not really have anything to do with the real practice of this art. I'd really apreciate it. thanks