American Kenpo Forms

Posted by: Anonymous

American Kenpo Forms - 05/08/04 10:04 AM

I have studied marital arts for the last 20 years... from japanese/okinawan Ryu to Kungfu and now finally American Kenpo.

of all I find American Kenpo to be the most straight forward and comprehensive... utilizing the concepts and principles of motion.. as the forms are being taught... the moves are being explained plus the fact.drills are being done to explaining how techniques are being used. they are not archaic in any way... also there are a total of 8 longforms. there is no need to have multiple techniques for an attack. most martial artists fail to understand the concepts and principles of motion.. all techniques have the ability to be combined and executed at lightning speed with the prinicples of speed whip rebound and circular execution and conservation of motion
Posted by: Dr. Krunk-n-stein

Re: American Kenpo Forms - 05/10/04 03:07 AM

Then you've found your MA. Stick to it. Is it in a strip mall? Train smart.
Posted by: sunspots

Re: American Kenpo Forms - 05/10/04 02:15 PM

I am also an American Kenpo practitioner, (Blue Belt) and I especially appreciate that we learn the principles and purposes behind each move. No useless, unexplained motion!

I see from your profile that you are in Nevada, ever compete in N. California or S. Oregon?