Goju Connection

Posted by: Tsuruken

Goju Connection - 10/31/02 04:56 PM

Any one"out there" who is from the Goju tradition? We teach three forms, the first is known as Pai Puh Lian (Ba Bu Lien I Lu) and this comes from the Ryuryuko lineage and is considered to be the form which gave rise to the Goju Kata "Sanchin". It resembles the pattern of another form known as "Happoren" but with structural differences in the actual application of technique.

The second form of interest is known as Ba Bu Lien Er Lu, also from the Ryuryuko lineage and considered to be the form that gave rise to Goju's "Tensho". This form while sharing some basic similarities to Pah Puh Lian in stepping pattern contains a number of the Element Hands also seen in the Feeding Crane tradition .

The third form is Ba Bu Lien Sam Lu and while following the same base pattern as the previous two see's a much greater usage of double strikes in a far more circular fashion.
Posted by: gojuwarrior1

Re: Goju Connection - 01/16/03 12:41 PM

osh,i study goju,ive been for about seven years.im not up to sanchin yet ,the last kata i learned was seinchin.im going for brown at the end of the month.if u have any ? just ask ,same goes for me.osh
Posted by: Ender

Re: Goju Connection - 05/11/03 05:02 PM

You havent learned sanchin yet? Sanchin kata is an orange belt kata. If you just learned Seiunchin, you would have mised it most likely. At my club, you learn Seiunchin at blue belt.