Ryufa kata

Posted by: Ives

Ryufa kata - 12/17/09 07:12 AM

Does anyone have any info on Ryufa no kata as trained in Bugeikan (Seitoku Higa)?
It's supposed to be of Soko Kishimoto lineage.
Posted by: shoshinkan

Re: Ryufa kata - 12/18/09 03:32 PM

yes indeed I have video and a good friend knows all about this and other Bugeikan kata, pm me if I can help.
Posted by: Gesar

Re: Ryufa kata - 12/25/09 08:32 AM

Hello Ives,

The Kata Ryufa is a version of regarded as the Tachemura (Takemura) version of Passai Dai, it is believed to have been passed from Soko Kishomoto to Seitoku Higa of the Bugeikan and Seiken Shukimune of Gensei Ryu. The Gensei version has been modified and called it Shukumine No Passai. There is also a Seiichi (Shikan) Akamine version and various versions of that, the original version from that line came from Shukimune, although there are other claims, but these in my opinion are unsubstantiated. Ryufa forms part of a set of Kata known as the Takemura or Kishomoto line. Not sure what else it is that you may want to know about Ryufa.

Regards

Chris Norman
Posted by: Ives

Re: Ryufa kata - 12/29/09 09:57 AM

So Ryufa is nearly the same as Shukumine No Passai (Dai) of Gensei Ryu, if I understand clearly.
I just stumbled upon the name of the kata, while searching info on Soko Kishimoto. I didn't quite find out what you came up with.

I'd love to see the Ryufa and the Shukumine No Passai to find out how much it is different form the Bassai we pracice. The Karate I study is derived form Gensei Ryu.

I bet there are minor diffenrences.

I haven't seen that much of Higa's Bugeikan.

Thanks for the input.
Posted by: Gesar

Re: Ryufa kata - 12/30/09 06:40 AM

Ives,

I have sent you a personal message regarding the Kata Ryufa and a link to some Bugeikan material

Regards

Chris Norman
Posted by: Tony Sheller

Re: Ryufa kata - 10/02/10 09:21 PM

how's ryufa?