Bunkai, Pinan Nidan / Pyungahn Edan

Posted by: oldman

Bunkai, Pinan Nidan / Pyungahn Edan - 03/25/09 01:39 PM

Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: Bunkai, Pinan Nidan / Pyungahn Edan - 03/28/09 12:08 AM

assuming:
1. you would even let someone who is approaching you, grab your wrist in the first place.

2. if someone who is holding your wrist, continues to hold tight and stay in position while you react.

3. you would allow a man-canned, mullet-mug, polka-dotted gi-top goof into your dojo.

love the artwork though
Posted by: karl314285

Re: Bunkai, Pinan Nidan / Pyungahn Edan - 03/30/09 11:22 PM

Hi,

Mr. Morris, I may be nerd but when sparring I DO offer "Bait" frequently (e.g. elbow too high to see if they go for a rib shot, open groin to let me work on my shin conditioning and...) an overly extended hand/or fist...wouldnt believe how many grab my wrist...but as I set it up they 'usually' receive a preset response (often me trying out some EDITED Aikido tech)...thats #'s 1 & 2

as for #3, I have been privileged to witness foos in Tournament in
a.)Gi w/ American Flag (made me want to point out that Old Glory is NOT to be used as clothing and funnier yet,
b.) a dude in a camo Gi {couldn't quite get a look at him, so well camouflaged and all in a grey floor w/ wood bleachers to blend into})....then again, in Aikido past a certain rank and in Batto-Jitsu I wore a "skirt" (I know Samurai Chaps), there is something bout a "skirt"-think it's the airflow...not that I actually wear skirts unless The Mistress Commands...did I say that, I may have intended Master dictates...no, that sounds worse...forget the skirt thing...

***The ol Pinans/Heians whatever are like any Kata, a Menu, if I serve up my wrist for dinner at least I know what they have for dessert...

GO past..."whose gonna grab my wrist" to if I offer it what Fooo gonna grab my wrist

Besides those are killa illustrations I cant replicate what oldman made in less than 1 min, too long in words (OK in my shorthand, I know what I'm sayin even if no one reads this far I got to use the word 'killa' in a peaceful context.

-Karl. Peace. Fish or hook Bait:)
Posted by: harlan

Re: Bunkai, Pinan Nidan / Pyungahn Edan - 03/31/09 07:56 AM

Quote:

The ol Pinans/Heians whatever are like any Kata, a Menu, if I serve up my wrist for dinner at least I know what they have for dessert...

Posted by: underdog

Re: Bunkai, Pinan Nidan / Pyungahn Edan - 03/31/09 11:26 AM

Good use of pressure point targets ending with a good KO. 5th frame kick to L9 or Sp 11 hurts and puts uke off balance easily pulling all his attention and strength away from his head. Last frame pulling arm in and turning it with H6 and L8 and KO strike to TW 17 which is totally defenseless with all uke's attention and energy gone to getting his balance back from the wrist and leg attack. I like it very much.