"Best" Songs for Musical Kata (Silly Fluff)

Posted by: stac3y

"Best" Songs for Musical Kata (Silly Fluff) - 01/21/09 09:23 AM

Anybody want to add to my list of "best" popular songs for musical kata?

Hit Me With Your Best Shot--Pat Benatar
Somebody's Gonna Get Their Head Kicked In Tonight--Rezillos
Beat on the Brat--Ramones
Kung Fu Fighting (duh)--Carl Douglas

More?

Stac3y
Posted by: cxt

Re: "Best" Songs for Musical Kata (Silly Fluff) - 01/21/09 03:30 PM

Musical kata is an abomination that is mentioned in the Book of Revelations as one of the signs of the End Of Days.

But since you asked.

-Pretty much anything from the Conan The Barbarian movie soundtrack.

-Several tunes by Wagner---if you favor classical...which always adds a nice touch.

-Invincable....also by Pat Benatar

-Step Up by ?????????

-Let the Bodies hit the floor??????

Best I can do on short notice.

Re: "Best" Songs for Musical Kata (Silly Fluff) - 01/21/09 04:10 PM

Quote:

Musical kata is an abomination that is mentioned in the Book of Revelations as one of the signs of the End Of Days.

Um...can't say I'm a big fan of it, either. Hence the [Silly Fluff] in the subject line. But I think it's amusing to suggest alternatives to the Star Wars theme, which seems to be the choice of approximately 75% of the musical kata competitors in the tournaments I go to. "Eye of the Tiger" is frighteningly popular, too.

One of my friends wanted to do one to "Sexy Back," since she was required to create one. Now THAT would have been something to see.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Stac3y
Posted by: Dobbersky

Re: "Best" Songs for Musical Kata (Silly Fluff) - 01/21/09 04:46 PM

I actually like the theme tunes to UFC (.....Boom u gonna get knocked OUT........)

but thats me

Its a bit to 'hard' for gymnastic kata though
Posted by: shoshinkan

Re: "Best" Songs for Musical Kata (Silly Fluff) - 01/21/09 05:10 PM

unfortunatly freedom of speech and no major rules being broken means I cant delete this thread, I shall however move it to forms section.

Re: "Best" Songs for Musical Kata (Silly Fluff) - 01/21/09 05:37 PM

Quote:

unfortunatly freedom of speech and no major rules being broken means I cant delete this thread, I shall however move it to forms section.

My apologies to anyone else who was offended by my post.

Stac3y
Posted by: shoshinkan

Re: "Best" Songs for Musical Kata (Silly Fluff) - 01/21/09 05:41 PM

my comment was a little joke - no offence taken at all - karate and music.................argghhhhhh.

However it should get more traffic in the forms section.
Posted by: Uchinanchu

Re: "Best" Songs for Musical Kata (Silly Fluff) - 01/22/09 04:07 AM

How about 'Puff the Magic Dragon' ! Better yet, how about any of the old Barney songs, or anything from the Village People!........
Posted by: Victor Smith

Re: "Best" Songs for Musical Kata (Silly Fluff) - 01/22/09 05:31 AM

Musical Kata, those who can do! Those who can't cry about it. Of course that doesn't mean anyone should be allowed to do it in public, the best things stay hidden.

The absolute best is the Isshinryu staff form Urashie No Bo done to David Rose's 'The Stripper'.
Posted by: duanew

Re: "Best" Songs for Musical Kata (Silly Fluff) - 01/22/09 01:33 PM

Ina Goda Devida-the long version-in order to have time for the judges to judge you.