Chito kata?

Posted by: traq

Chito kata? - 11/18/05 03:05 PM

hello everyone,
a group of senior senseis at my school (shorin ryu karate) have been trying to find information on a kata called chito (not chinto). Some of them learned this kata years ago and would like to re-learn it.
Several of us have spent hours searching online, but have not been able to find anything. I have searched myself, and it doesn't seem to be listed in any shorin ryu kata lists, nor in any chito ryu lists (which seemed the next most obvious place to look).

A search of the forums here at fightingarts.com hasn't come up with anything either. Does anyone know of this kata, or have a bright idea on where to look next?

many thanks, everyone
Posted by: BuDoc

Re: Chito kata? - 11/18/05 04:22 PM

In 22 years of Martial arts study, 16 of those in Shorin Ryu, I have never heard of Chito Kata.

Chinto, yes. Chinte, yes. Never Chito.

Sounds made up, which is probably why you can't find a reference anywhere.

Sorry,

Page
Posted by: traq

Re: Chito kata? - 11/18/05 05:21 PM

I've also heard of both Chinto (I'm studying it now, in fact) and Chinte. one of my senseis actually learned this kata years ago, and says it is Chito, and not one of the other two...

thanks for your help!
Posted by: hedkikr

Re: Chito kata? - 11/18/05 05:40 PM

Same...
Chinto - Yes
Chintei - Yes
Chito - No

However there is a Japanese karate style named Chito-ryu. It was founded by Dr. Tsuyoshi Chitose after the war.

Somebody's confuzzed.